Is honesty more important or protecting for my mum from worry?

My mum is a little bit done.
I’ve never seen her so shut down as she has been in the past year
She has spent 24 years of her life I mean years of solid caring for her children in florid psychosis between all 3 daughters

She appears to be calm but will fly off the handle in one way or another if any thing doesn’t go as perfect
She is 76 and has had her mind exploded by caring
I’m 45
Sister died aged 25 after a deterioration of 12 years pschotic and deteriorating
And our youngest sister has spent 7 yrs living with our mum with violent alcoholism and Constant psychosis

I had a 7 yr plus journey with yoga
Which I’ve stopped until now for quite a few years
My mum only saw my negative states
Like feeling very drained after 6 am classes
Or feeling I had to be perfect with it
I did yr 1 intensive first year teacher training
I’d do self practice at home and in hospital for a couple of years
And I was literally obsessed with my teacher
I put dreads in my hair to be like her
My mum freaks if I go back to classes

Now I’ve started again and I’ve got a good feeling about the Sanity and spiritual focus
I think the word yoga would make her head explode

Whether or not keeping my world (my passion and action on or off the mat and spiritual beliefs) to myself

My husband now knows and is keeping an eye on me

I once asked her whether she wanted me to keep certain things to myself because she panics so much with even any thing even really trivial makes her panic with worry. I mean even one sentence and it will occupy her mind for days

My yoga practice is developing but this time wanting to keep it mostly positive and self compassionate

I’ve been meditating mostly every day which she knows about
I’m doing a course to meditate and be mindful
If she can see I might be able to meditate
But to her restarting yoga might result in complete meltdown

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.