Is having police dropping you off at the hospital a criminal record?

The only time you have to report that (at least in the USA) is if you are getting a government security clearance and the hospitalization was unrelated to sexual assault or grief. As you can imagine, this is rare and is only for certain jobs with the US government.

I think you’re good.

I don’t think so. They’re only trying to help. If they arrested you and brought you to the police station to take records like fingerprints and hold you until you go to court to be sentenced to go to prison, then it’s on your record.

No, I believe the cops are innocent until proven guilty.

I was arrested once but only got probation. It never showed up, i never got arrested again. In the 70’s just before it was a citation in Calif.

Do the police in the US always handcuff you?

Only if they are detaining or arresting you. Or if you are a danger to yourself or others.

If they think you’re dangerous or usually whenever they are putting you in their car, yes.

But actually, I wanted to get in a hospital once so I walked to the police station and faked I was crazy and they drove me to the psyche ward. The cop who took me didn’t put me in handcuffs and actually two other times a cop took me to the ward without handcuffs.

You have to be involved in a crime and then get arrested, go to court, get sentenced, and go to prison or get probation.

I see, I was in Alberta. I was always admitted under voluntary conditions because I was not dangerous nor refusing treatment, except one occasion when I was later certified at the hospital.

The policemen were extremely nice. Routinely checked upon me as I was going there.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.