Is forum dead? Where are you guys?

Yes, it was a whole scene.
Like Canterbury scene earlier

2 Likes

I prefer krautrock to british whimsy. Is whimsy the right word?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s a nice word.
I had forgotten this word.

1 Like

Does modern Greek have more words than English? Treebeard said English has a lot of words

2 Likes

7 am here. Lurking. Dreaming about breakfast. I think I m gonna try and quit smoking

3 Likes

I’m not sure.
Greek is a very rich language.
But English is very productive.
New words all the time.

2 Likes

Good luck! I’ve been trying to quit smoking since 2018

3 Likes

Yeah English is very inclusive in regards to new words

3 Likes

Do it if you can.
I can’t quit.
I’m addicted

2 Likes

Do you speak French Hannah? I was told French is very protective of its words

1 Like

English is a phonetic language. Feel like the constant nicotine is not good for my mental states. And I m not getting enough fresh air. Because I smoke in the apt.

2 Likes

I’ve never lived somewhere that lets me smoke indoors

@Jimbob je parle un petite peut seulement, desole. Mais, français est un langue officiale du Canada :canada:

4 Likes

There are people of letters who defend the French language because it tends to fade away in front of English.
That said, there are a lot of English terms that are used, especially in business and in everything that is computer/internet etc.

I mean there are purists of the French language but they are a minority. Most people don’t care and don’t pay attention to that.

Something that makes everyone here laugh is that for example 6 months after an English word appears. (for example “cloud” “cloud computing”) there are “experts” who decide to use the French word, here “nuage” when nobody will use it.

3 Likes

The French language creates own words instead of copying the English word.

Computer = ordinateur
Email = courriel
And so on

5 Likes

Are there many French speaking Canadians who are big fans of the queen?

1 Like

There aren’t a lot of English speakers who are very fond of the queen :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Haha!! 15151515

1 Like

Here in France everyone says email (but we say “ordinateur”.)
Then yes, it depends on the French speaking country.
I think you are in Belgium?

2 Likes

Lol I feel like the queen just does her own thing in her palace. I dont really think of here one way or another

1 Like

Les Quebecois are VERY defensive against les anglicisms

1 Like