Schizophrenia.com

Is For You Easy To Accept The Reality?

For me, it is very difficult to accept my reality. I have realized that I don´t accept my situation in a way conscious. Perhaps you might help me with your experience.
Thanks,
Tolteca.

well, my life sucks right now, but I try to keep it on a level of balance when I can, so I don’t fully relapse…because at much trouble I get more ill, less trouble or drama means more normal life…If I can change something about my life to the best I do it, and it does really work, I push my self, I lived my life pushing my self and if I didn’t then maybe I would have been sick for all of my life…I lived only 6 year schizo-trashed up and another 6 or 7 years to reach the feel of normal and have normal desires like most of people…So Tolteca maybe you can change somethings in your life to the better and step by step you can be almost happy…good luck

1 Like

accepting reality is hard, but essential.
i self harmed so badly edward scissorhands would be proud of me, so looking at my scars is , i’ll be honest confronting for me everyday, i hate my self and what i did to myself .
but because of what i did i have more compassion for others ,we must all try and accept our selves, and have self love.
it not only makes you a better human being ,but you attain a calmness, an inner peace .(which sometimes i have ! ).
for me being sz is not a negative, i would be pretty lonely with out all my friends, aliens demons, etc…
take care

3 Likes

I know this is going to sound odd, but some realities are easy for me to accept, and some I don’t think I ever will. Some stuff I just have to accept that reality and I are at odds, and it can go one way, while I go the other. But I try to live out of my head as much as possible.

I hate trying to face some of my past and that reality I do try to keep in mind. The reality of what I thought, what I did… I’m trying to just let it go.
Maybe I’m not accepting reality well at all. But all I do know is that for now I’m happy. I’m not sure if that is happiness from within or completely med induced. Either way, I can get through my day.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your answers I read with much interest!!!
Tolteca.

I’ve been schizophrenic for 45 years. I’ve survived and kept my spirit, by escapism. But realtity doesn’t need to be harsh, when you stumble upon it.

2 Likes

It might take almost a lifetime.

1 Like

I really wish that my life is only a bad dream and I can wake up from it some day. I don’t mind living the life of an animal. I just don’t want to be myself. I still donot understand what is going on. What my experience is trying to tell me I don’t understand. What I can learn from it? What I have do wrong anything I can do right again to prevent the disaster from exploding? Apparently not. I cannot make sense out of it. I think it is what being abnormal means. Every survival strategies in traditional wisdom doesn’t help any longer. It is different if u are broke and lose everything and u can still go to work. I only foresee downslope and chaos just like the past. So, accepting or not is out of the question for me. The only one thing that I face is surviving.

1 Like

I don’t accept it, i hate it, no one should accept it, it’s just horrible.

1 Like

Which reality are we talking about here? Our perceptions of what’s going on which is our reality? Or someone else’s? Confused. I was scared of my reality up until recently and I still get scared on days like today. I just accepted the fact that this is what it is all I can do is change my perception which alters everything else so it gives me back the control. It was an ‘aha moment’

1 Like