Is flying really safer than driving?

Thats what they say but flying seems more dangerous to me.

1 Like

I think the reason is because there are far more cars on the roads than planes in the sky.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m pretty sure the statistics say that it is safer. I know that it seems more dangerous but you have to remember that there are a lot fewer things to run into when you are up in the sky. You are at constant risk of someone hitting you are you hitting someone else because the roads are packed with other drivers. I would think that driving would be a lot safer if you drive on deserted road or something. IDK. Just my first impression without doing any research on it.

1 Like

Aircraft are generally a lot better maintained than personal cars, have better trained operators, and now have systems that can take off and land planes safely on their own.

3 Likes

I’ve heard that in a lot of places. It probably is.

1 Like

I don’t trust my life in the hands of some stranger pilot or on-board computer.

Flying for me is a nightmare.

1 Like

It’s a nightmare for me because I’m not the pilot.

I’m good enough with a 737 in XP11 that I actually had some real pilots think I was, too. I blew away the owner of this place:

Would love to try the real thing.

1 Like

Ironically, you’re more likely to die on the drive to the airport than getting on the plane and flying.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.