Is falling in love easy or difficult for you?

Is falling in love easy or difficult for you?

Falling in love or lust is easy for me - Maintaining stability while I am in a relationship is the hard part.

6 Likes

Sometimes I feel there is no point in falling in love at all. The same thing is with hate too. Why would I fall in love?

1 Like

Difficult, I really tend to build up emotional connections over a long time.

1 Like

Getting crushes? Can be fairly simple, usually as long as a guy isn’t horrible, if I have recurring one-on-one interactions with him I’ll get a crush. Over time I found I’ve gotten better at sort of controlling how hard and fast I fall though. Maybe that’s just wishful thinking though haha.

I’ve never actually fallen in love before. The only people I’ve ever truly loved are my family. Probably because I move so much, no one else in my life is permanent so why become deeply attached?

3 Likes

Yeah you have a point there…

Depends on what’s going on with me… I’ve had some manic spikes where I fall in love… or fall in crush with so many people… fast and hard.

but other times… I can hardly see to make a friendship.

Just like @Wave
That initial fall is pretty easy for me… keeping it going… keeping up the energy to keep that connection… that is that hard part.

1 Like

Like wave said,liking someone is easy,maintaining the relationship is the hard part…

1 Like

High five on that. But because of all the common cult-ural white noise that gets in the way of seeing, hearing and feeling What Is, I don’t think 99.99% of the population gets what you wrote. (Like you didn’t know that. Duh.)

There was a mid-century whiz bang named Jiddu Krishnamurti who claimed that “love is being with what is in relationship.” Alan Watts, Rollo May and Aldous Huxley were all over that notion, as well. I didn’t have an effing clue for decades.

1 Like

I know it when I see it.
But sometimes I’m wrong. :imp:

I was in love before I got sick. The hard part now is maintaining the relationship.

1 Like

I found the hardest part for me was getting into the relationship. Once I got stable everything started to sort itself out and I became able to form a long lasting bond. Love is easy. Trust is hard.

Falling in love used to be easy for me, but now that I’m married it’s more difficult. :wink:

Easy usually…But it’s the girl that I didn’t “rush into with” that I’m really starting to like more than any other girl I’ve met. When I fell easily it never worked out, but the girl I was hesitant with is the one I’m really starting to like.

1 Like

That’s the way to do it. Time reveals what’s real and who a person is.

1 Like

That and this.

http://puu.sh/izcWF/e900d1d222.jpg

3 Likes

Yup. Time works a lot better than blind reliance on sensations invoked by oxytocin.

1 Like

Its easy for me to have crushes but i’m cautious when it comes to love or looking for a life partner. I think twice before diving into a relationship

I don’t think I’ve ever had truly romantic love. I’ve had a million crushes, but only one boyfriend, and that didn’t last long.