Schizophrenia.com

Is denial a symptom - even after all these years - don't I have a legitimate reason to believe I don't have it

I have been psychosis free since April 2010. That is 5 years and 7 months. I still struggle to accept it. I tried to come off the antipsychotics several times ending up with really unbearable issues with my anxiety or mood. Not even sure if it was a mania or depression but I felt all over the place. I had to go back on those meds and I had to accept I needed them each time. I don’t ever learn from this stupid disease.

1 Like

Um to make a lot of duck noises (quackery) short, the answer is a resounding “yes!”

I guess I’m just lucky.

I struggle with denial too. Being well for a long time I forget how bad and damaging not taking the meds can be. Not only to me but those around me. I don’t want to put them through that again. I usually get feelings that things could be better off meds when I am a little dissatisfied but I concentrate on all the positives and try to remember the chaos from last time and I can talk myself around to seeing sense.

2 Likes

I am always in denial, it’s a symptom of the illness.

I will listen to my pdoc and remain on an Antipsychotic.

I know that it’s probably a permanent type thing.

1 Like