Is communication at all about connecting rhymes?

If I say: I’m going to use this clay to make some pots" does it have any other meaning than that an individual is going to collect this said clay and when he has enough gathered he will perform his skills as a potter to make some clay pots?

Are there cases in language and communication where you are supposed to think of a rhyme to understand and properly interpret what they are saying?

I went to school and in grade 10 English my teacher bumped me up to grade 11 after the first week. She told me I was good at writing but now I wonder if she just did that to poke fun or for some other reason. I wonder this because I’m not at all a fan of witty remarks. for example my roommate in the ward said to me (after I switched rooms to a single private room) “I see youre coming out of the private side”. I didn’t think of what it meant beyond face value because he’s a jerk…but later after a few seconds of inspection I realized what the insult was saying. Then I have this obsession with rhyming words. For example: why don’t you take a walk around the block, could mean: why don’t you learn to talk or go get lost.

Idk. Is this a delusion?

Am I making speaking properly lol?

Personally I like word games. It depends how, when and who says something in a connecting rhyme. In mental health it’s used to describe what is going on mentally. It’s difficult for some to explain oneself to a psychiatrist/authority sometimes without getting violent, abusive or aggressive for the lack of an active vocabulary.

Likely only in a language class or if you are writing dialogue. The illness is messing with you here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.