Is anyone really happy?

As I walk through life I just notice that there’s so much sadness and I don’t really know how to not notice it anymore, so I’m just wondering are any of you really happy?

4 Likes

i am happy , idont focus on struggles, focus on happy life

4 Likes

Well I’m glad to hear that there’s someone out there who is, it sucks because I don’t focus on the sadness I just experience melancholy all the time, well when I’m sober anyways

1 Like

I too concentrate on the good. I don’t do a regular life as compared to most people but I enjoy what I do and how I live.

I’ve always been a glass half full kinda guy!

2 Likes

I’m happy, there is no reason to be sad. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve started to accept myself and am really working hard to improve my flaws. I hope to be a happier person

2 Likes

I’m going through a phase where I just feel really empty.

2 Likes

I hear ya, that’s why I’m working on postive thinking cuz I was really sliding into the deep with all the crap I deal with…feel drained

3 Likes

Honestly I think everyone goes through that :hugs:

3 Likes

Yea you’re right. Just gotta get through it :slight_smile: :hugs:

3 Likes

dont docus on melancholy focus on happy thoughts force yourself to think positivily

3 Likes

Yup. Or I wouldn’t be on this forum…normal people and especially MI have a feeling of helplessness because their mind “they feel has been taken away”. Kinda like it leaves us with a fear of abandonment that are heart will go next. That’s just my perception. And meds kinda numb us, too. But I’m no dr and I have abandonment issues so that’s why I have that perception of emptiness

1 Like

I’m just reading a book called Happy by Derren Brown who makes a convincing case that positive thinking is a detrimental trap.

The problem with positive thinking is that when life continues to not go to plan you end up blaming yourself. It’s because I haven’t been positve enough. It’s my fault, if only i had been more positive. The end result is the same, when in fact positive thinking doesn’t change reality at all.

Happiness lies in Stoic thinking, changing expectations and accepting happiness isn’t a right that you were born with.

It is a great book and well worth the read. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got it now. Haven’t read it yet though

1 Like

I’m in recovery from alcoholism. In spite of aches and pains mental and physical, incl. insomnia, I believe I’ve never been happier.

2 Likes

Awesomeness, that is quite an accomplishment! :hugs::dizzy:

1 Like

I;m depressed but i laugh alot to cover it up.

https://www.google.com/search?q=one+little+victory&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#wptab=s:H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLRT9c3LDTNyMsyyDB4xOjJLfDyxz1hKYdJa05eY7Ti4grOyC93zSvJLKkU0uFig7KUuASkUDRqMEjxcaGI8Oxi0ktJTUsszSmJL0lMsspOttLPLS3OTNYvSk3OL0rJzEuPT84pLS5JLbLKqSzKTC4GADWn4q-NAAAA

1 Like

I love that song! So balls-to-the-wall right out of the gate.

1 Like

I’m quite content with myself and my life.

1 Like