Is anyone on lithium

That makes you extremely nauseated? My pdoc split my doses 300mg morning and 300mg at night. Now I’m just nauseated in the morning and at night. Lithium is a good med for me but I can’t deal with this nausea and throwing up.

1 Like

I’ve been on lithium for 3-4 years currently on 1500mgs a day. It helps. I felt nausea at first then it went away. Then had dry mouth and urinating a lot. Make sure to follow the doctor’s instructions on blood test. In my state I’m required to get the blood tests every three months.

2 Likes

Yes I do the bloodwork. I have been on it for around a year and still get super nauseated every time. I don’t see him til next month but I’ll be okay til then. Sometimes I take a gravol at night.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to sound disrespectful Sorry. It’s good your doctor is doing the blood tests. My old doctor didn’t at all but kept raising the lithium anyway

1 Like

Not at all! That seriously didn’t come across that way. I was a bit short. Stuff going on here and I didn’t think much about my wording

When I was on fanapt I was getting sick constantly and it went on for months it was bad. If your nausea gets to where it’s causing problems everyday tell your doctor please. I was hospitalized with dehydration and they thought I had chrones in the ER. But it was the fanapt

1 Like