Is anyone 100 percent Psychosis Free?

I have to laugh at the diagnostic system - there is nothing exact or scientific about it

1 Like

i was told by my pdoc if you have insight into your psychotic episode you have ‘‘psychotic depression’’ if you have no insight into it you have schizoaffective

my first psychiatrist said I was too self aware of my symptoms to be psychotic…if only he heard the voices I hear constantly and felt the paranoia and anxiety I feel. It would be a dream come true to be psychosis free. I told my mom that I would trade 40 or 50 lbs from potent pills that stop the voices and quit print modeling with my agencies to stop the voices. The auditory hallucinations are what really are destroying my pleasure of living.

Wave. Could you give an example of your paranoia. Do you think people are out to kill you, fbi is watching you? wjat is your paranoia like because My ocd is so bad and I’ve had paranoia for like 6 months and I just constantly think people are trying to kill me. Like right now I’m laying in bed and I have this thought that someone has a gun scope on me through the window. I am able to realize they don’t when I really think about it so I’m not sure if my paranoia is from my ocd or not. Regardless, I can’t be around people or sit anywhere without constantly looking behind my back every 3 seconds because I have this feeling some is holding a pistol up to my head.

I don’t think anyone in the world is a 100% psychosis free.

1 Like

what if a person suffering from both psychotic and neurotic disorder…what might be his her diagnosis…??

as long as there is one person psychotic, at least 10 more are affected.

i have been free of psychosis for the past 10 years. Have had bouts of strange psychological/emotional states - But i wouldn’t really class it as psychosis.

In ways circumstances have always been & are very complex & difficult. There is a loss of overall functioning/ability to cope, after all i have been through, a lot of anxiety/fear/bad feelings, bouts/periods of severe depression, a lot of bad memories which i identify with complex PTSD.

In many ways i’ve made a lot of progress - close to 14 years T-Total & living independently, 16 years since last in hospital. over 10 years since last major episode/breakdown. & in other ways it’s also a hard/difficult life with poor quality.

Some people on-line disagree, but according to the last psychiatrist & my own evaluation, i am Not psychotic, & don’t have any symptoms of psychosis. i am 100% free of it all. Does that make me cured/healed/happy & living a good life - No it doesn’t. i’ve literally been through Hell, & my life is crap in many ways.

I dont think that other people are trying to kill me - it mainly happens when I am home alone or with my frail Mom - I get real suspicious of strangers walking by my home - feel like they might want to break in and harm me.

I get suspicious of unmarked vans by my house.

I also am obsessed with people breaking into my house, I do think its probably a combo of OCD/Anxiety and just having a bipolar brain.

My current psychiatrist, who knows her ■■■■ - recognizes that my OCD is disabling for me

With the medication - is the underlying issues resolved? i don’t think it is - it’s all still there under the surface.

The unmarked vans get to me too. I’m always looking around when I see a white van, who’s driving it, does it look suspicious etc

1 Like

Well what do you mean by this, please explain

What i say - the medication is simply masking the underlying condition, it’s Not resolved anything.

Yeah, the meds cover up the underlying problem - No matter which med I am on I am perpetually anxious and paranoid/suspicious

From time to time I have things happening to me while I sleep or am on the edges of sleep… Last time it was a sheet of letters of a kind of burning fire, which I could almost but not quite read. Or the sensation of a glowing wire poking me in a place in my head, which was a kind of tactile dream that I never used to have before I had tactile hallucinations. But that is a separate condition under the DSM, I don’t think these things qualify as psychosis.

In the past during my ‘major episode’ I’ve only ever had voices with good insight, without delusions on top. So it might even have been a stretch to call that psychosis, the list of symptoms is a bit underpopulated. But I haven’t argued the diagnosis of psychosis nos.

It’s like going to the doctor with a stomach ache, the doctor diagnosing stomach ache, & putting you on pain killers the rest of your life.

1 Like

I have zero positive symptoms and I question my dx all the time.

1 Like