Is anybody doing better than you were 5 years ago?

My negatives improved alot since 3-4 years ago when I first got schizophrenia but now I have a different set of problems that I’m dealing with

2 Likes

kinda, 5 years ago i was on olanzapine doing nothing all day, now i am on olanzapine doing mostly nothing all day, but now i have more hobbies. also 5 years ago i was 16 and now im 21, it was alot more acceptable to do nothing at 16 than it is now

2 Likes

It’s hard to say because Covid has changed my opportunities and behavior. but I think I am a little stronger and a little more courageous socially.

3 Likes

Five years ago was a strange and scary time.

I was moving across the country for my husband’s job,

Hoping it would work out.

Now we’re nicely settled in California and things are much better.

4 Likes

Yes, I am, but I think I’m even more burned out. Less anxiety, less boredom, less cruel voices. I get outside now. I hadn’t thought about it, but thanks! I’m just as mad as ever. It’s scary being psychotic and having the insight about it, like being deaf, dumb, and blind. I play pinball by the sense of smell, lol.

3 Likes

I stopped drinking four years and ten months ago. Life has been better ever since.

6 Likes

Heck yes. I was in solitary confinement and out of my mind in 2015. I didn’t start thinking clearly again until 2018. I’ve lost a few years but I landed on my feet for the most part. I think I still have room to improve, maybe another year or two before I’m employed and on the road again.

(I got sick initially during holiday 2014)

3 Likes

I think I’m doing a lot better. Five years ago is about the last time I had a hospital stay.

2 Likes

I’m doing better. Five years ago I was highly unstable, going from med to med, just not right and my thoughts were shot. Much better now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.