Is anybody doing better than you were 5 years ago?

Is anybody doing better than you were 5 years ago?

1 Like

Oh hell yea. Much better.

1 Like

Everyone I know is doing better than me

1 Like

Are you talking about your friends?

I don’t have any friends in real life, but all the friends I have on Facebook from school are much more successful than I am.

1 Like

I’m doing better now than I was five years ago

3 Likes

I am also doing better than I was 5 years ago. 5 years ago I think I was penniless and in psychosis. Although it is hard to remember exactly what I was doing 5 years ago.

3 Likes

Much better. I was delusional and psychotic, in and out of hospitals.

3 Likes

oh, ignore my previous comment I misread your question.

The answer is yes, I am doing waaaaaay better than I was 5 years ago.

2 Likes

I’m doing better… I focus better too and my moods aren’t all over the place anymore. I try to be more active too.

2 Likes

I was very unmedicated 5 years ago, and I think I thought I was fine, but I likely wasn’t. I dropped a good friend from my life because I thought she was after me (I did get to visit her in Italy early in that year).

I don’t know if I’m ready to say I’m better yet, because I just feel so lousy all the time. From the moods, from the negatives, from the lack of my former mind… I wonder sometimes if it’s worth it.

3 Likes

I believe it is worth it. I learned on this site, from one of my threads. I asked the wiser people on this site, does it pay off if you don’t give up. They said, you never know what is going to happen in the future. Your life can change in the snap of a finger. Something positive can happen in the future.

5 Likes

Yeah. Probably less stress as that was around the time my old church started their marketing campaign on me.

Oh yeah, huge. I was a tragic mess five years ago, now I can function pretty well

2 Likes

But have you personally improved over the past five years? You seem to be doing pretty well

@Headspark

1 Like

I am a lot better,been suffering for 11 years,the last five year has been better to me.Everyone has their turn,don’t worry

1 Like

Yeah, I wrote that I’ve improved a lot over the past 5 years a few posts up, when I wrote my initial comment I had misread @Jake question.

2 Likes

Gotcha. When I posted, I started at the bottom and worked my way up.

2 Likes

I’m doing better than i was five years ago. Went from a flea-ridden apartment to a new manufactured home in a nice retirement park. We have food stamps now. And I found a new place that does higher paying clinical trials.
Stable on meds right now too.

4 Likes

It’s been a good four years since I needed a hospital stay so I would say I have been doing better. My symptoms may not have improved much but my coping skills have certainly improved.

4 Likes