Is any good book about understanding capitalism

we are living in liberal capitalist world and its important to understand this system.actually when i asked myself what is capitalism sadly i realised that i don t know anything about it.so is anyone know good book about capitalism

I hear Adam Smith’s “The Wealth of Nations” is good, but it is kind of dated.

1 Like

http://www.amazon.com/Capitalism-Freedom-Anniversary-Milton-Friedman/dp/0226264211/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461673739&sr=8-1&keywords=friedman+milton

1 Like
2 Likes

Capitalism sure doesn’t look like what Adam Smith envisioned these days. Google “flash crashes” and “high frequency trading”. A lot of weird stuff that involves people making profits without producing products or services of value. These arsehats are destroying capitalism, IMO. Also, when the stock market rewards companies that are losing money, but not as much as expected and punishes companies that are profitable, but not making as much as expected… Something is badly broken.

4 Likes

thanks for responses

i just bought capitalism and freedom from amazon when i finished (if we consider that english not my mother language and this …cking drugs horrible effect when i reading)it will take one month to read.after that i can make critique of book

I read a book of his once. He is very critical of U.S. foreign policy, especially during the Cold War. He’s written a lot of books, most of them political. He was also some kind of professor at MIT, where did ground breaking work on the human brain and language.

1 Like

you can break apart the word. Capital-ism

Capital defined thusly:

wealth in the form of money or other assets owned by a person or organization or available or contributed for a particular purpose such as starting a company or investing.

the “ism” makes it a school of thought.

So it’s all about acquiring wealth for the self basically. Either as an individual or organization.

Beyond that you have micro and macro economics… then you could look into stuff about marketing and learn how easy it is to dupe people into bought wanting stuff they don’t need and then getting them to actually pay for it.

If you want to go a step beyond that… you can look at all the ways people who have money can make money just from having money…

The basic theory though… the legit side in which is sold under. Supply and demand… then competition to keep costs low and quality high.

Then you see that the utility companies are basically their own monopoly… Pepsi-Co and Disney pretty much own everything…

Man it’s a mess.

Then you get into politics, lobbying, traditional schools of thought… current cultural trends and their origins.

Basically religion holding back the progress of a moral and civil inclusivist society…

Which then loops around to the ongoing warfare of christians and muslims… both of those religions hail the end times as something that should unfold…

man it’s all ■■■■■■■ insanity.

1 Like

I’d just get a macroeconomics text book…

GDP gross domestic product…
Inflation…
Deflation…
Cyclical economics… High times and low times and how economic policies stabilize them. Basically when money is printed and in what amount.

Somehow we manage to produce more and more with most of each passing year. (doesn’t always happen, but it’s close)

Overall trend for growth… Sky-rocketing national debt to the FED and its private members. (World owner class folk.)

Trickle down economics… the rich guy buys a pool… the poor folk get work… if they’re wise then they’ll get the most of it before it winds up in the hands of another rich motherschmucker…

Then you have Mcdonalds ads and Crappy cinemas and all the other â– â– â– â–  simpletons waste money on in an attempt to make a night special.

Get out there and live it up… man it’s hilarious.

Complacency with a supposed way of life that has only existed for a century at most but its established as how it is supposed to be… we’re taught to think it functions, but just wait until the next economic crisis starts to emerge and you see the ■■■■ leaking at the seams.

duct tape that â– â– â– â–  up with some more debt and keep the show going.

I do think the american government in general is doing a good job…

The local government of my state is ridiculously terrible… I don’t want the old fogies to keel over but I certainly want them to stop voting… their world is gone and their conservative candidates that they are perpetually keeping in office just so they can be at peace with being republicans in control… man ■■■■ that… this guy has bankrupted the state and they still keep him in office.

Poison… I’m just ranting now…

Seriously though.

Cut funding to the schools… keep people dumb and teachers unmotivated and unfulfilled… we need more slaves…

jesus it’s sick…

oh well oh well oh well…

There is a science to building wealth and it ain’t that tough. If every knew about it the world would change drastically. Don’t buy into consumerism… do your own research… know that the auto industry is ■■■■■■■ you…