Is antipsychotic medication a good thing or a bad thing

Yes, sorry, that’s a a bit too forceful, but I get fed up with “knocking things down” without anything to replace them. This bloody illness has wrecked the last ten years of my son’s life. Ironically he had just started med school when it hit him. It has almost bankrupted us, and the meds have given him his (lovely) personality back, and we’re just starting to breathe and think about what he might be able to do in future. And I was talking to my endocrinologist today who also agrees that my son clearly has an autoimmune disorder.

And no, don’t be mean to your poor cats. It might have been your cats (or more specifically toxoplasmosis) that triggered yours. It might have been an in utero experience. It might have been a later infection. But viruses are looking like the guilty environmental agent…

But again, the vital question for people with sz and their families is not “what did this?” but “what can be done about it NOW?”

And the anti-meds crew is working hard here right now, but coming up with nothing as a replacement.

And a whole range of autoimmune disorders in this thread:

2 Likes