Is 7,5 mgs of zyprexa a good dose?

And, no, I wasn’t fine on the 10 mgs… I was all blocked, couldn’t even swallow the food on the 10 mgs… My life wasn’t better even then and I was crazy in my head. So we try the 7,5 mgs of Zyprexa…
Is it a good dose too? I am mad to my loneliness tonight, so angry etc… But maybe this will pass too…

I think 10mg is the minimum target dose for schizophrenia.

From google:

Usual Adult Dose for Schizophrenia

Oral :
-Initial dose: 5 to 10 mg orally once a day
-Target dose: 10 mg orally once a day within the first several days; further dose adjustments, if needed, should occur at intervals of not less than 1 week in 5 mg increments/decrements.
-Maximum dose: 20 mg orally once a day

But I was on 10 mgs for one year, ever and I was even worse…you wont believe me, but its true… I am the person who took all the meds prescribed from the docs for ten years and they never relieved my body sensations…
I am stopping to eat on 10 mgs, I am so depressed then… anyway… I gave ten years to the psychiatry… its not working here like this for me… I also never got better on going outside…

1 Like

Technically 10mg is the minimum for psychosis control but 7.5mg could be alright @Anna1.
You just have to try and see.

Ok, but what if the 10 mgs never moved me in my life? I was even worse on them… I could smoke 3 packs a day on them… Its not normal… and even some of my friends think, that I am not sz… I am strange even here… I have my body sensations and am currently bugging as I was bugging since kid… Bugging on the mi currently since my diagnosis…
I couldn’t move on the 10 mgs after it take for 4 hours, folks!!! Its too much… and it was just lifting my crazy ideas…

Why don’t you get a second opinion @Anna1?

they don’t know anymore… I tried all the 11 aps on the market here…
anyway, maybe I am in a withdrawal now. I am med sensitive. I feel even the 2,5 mgs…

Your doctor may not know how to treat you?

no 151515
sorry, I saw too many docs, i am done with this. I told you, its been 11 years that they tried on me every possible med. 11 years that I was stuck in the same place as before my diagnosis… never a progress, not even an inch…

Yeah I’m med sensitive also

On doc told me, that I can be a borderline, not sz, but am not sure…

1 Like

7.5mg worked to stop psychosis in me. Hope it does for you as well.

Did you have therapy? Or cbt?

Thanks for the answer. Yeah, I am sure there are psychotic people out there even on 7,5 mgs, you see @everhopeful? Am just a bit worried now from the lowering…

1 Like

Is the fast thinking a sign of psychosis, guys? But I was having it on 10 mgs too, so idk anymore… And I think only about a mi now lol… :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.