Irritating posts?

hmmm, ok, I’m just trying to make everybody happy here.

I think that inevitably people will talk about illness, but just avoid articles, and stuff that might seem out of reach.

I love the idea of a lounge, but I agree with Daze that it would be tough to keep all the med and therapy stuff out - it’s a huge part of what people are confronting. If this were a cancer support forum, you could see where people might not want to deal with cisplatin vs carboplatin arguments, or be lectured on environmental toxins, they might just want to say, Chemo’s kicking my butt today, and hear, Man I hear you, in reply. It would be nice to set aside a spot for that.

2 Likes

I think a chill out lounge with games and light hearted topics would be great. Threads like name a song with a girl’s name or what’s your favourite cup of noodles/pot noodle? or If you could have one superpower what would it be?( Just to give a few examples).

1 Like

The Creativity section is the current Lounge, so it seems

1 Like

Chain me,you beast. :wink:

Yup. Pretty much.

1 Like

“I just want the PAIN to go away!!!” (“Don’t ask me to do anything to get that to happen, though.”)

nooo, it’s just a commonality, @notmoses, it’s not like we need to be preached to or conformed.

“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” . People don’t need to be “lectured” all the time.

2 Likes

I always get into this trouble with my sister - she complains about work/kids/husband and I immediately go into “well if you’d just” or “haven’t you tried” mode, and she finally had to tell me that sometimes she just wanted to get things off her chest. I try harder now to listen to her and communicate with her and just hear how she’s feeling now.

I’ve been really intrigued with the idea of some of the therapies you’ve listed, but I find your lists of links difficult to parse and the descriptions at the links themselves somewhat uninformative. I’m planning on discussing them with my doctor when I have my appointment, and I hope she’ll be able to point me in the right direction.

But maybe you could do a sticky post breaking them down - ACT helps with this, and in this book you’ll find exercises like this, and these sorts of people have success with it. DEBT helps with this, etc. You could point people to it when you think it might be helpful.

Without context, though, of course seeing the “so typical of xxxxxx, insert list of links” approach is going to come across to some people like a judgier, more dismissive plug for noopept or bible study.

Whenever anyone is being obnoxious or isn’t making sense I put them on the back burner in my mind. I pay attention to a word here and there to see if he’s said anything worth listening to. I thought that was how everyone handled that situation.

The only sane voice in this forum.

The only time you can stop talking in psychoanalysis is when the psychoanalyst dies or you quit.

1 Like

Hey guys pixel is actually cool see?

Glory be to those that heard our cries!

Yaaay lounge.

I guess I’m afraid a lot of lounging will drive away threads that require any thought.

i think it will prevent the more thoughtful threads from being overwhelmed by the lounge threads… but hey, this is all just us trying different things to see what works, and what people like. We’ll see how it goes.