Irritability

Hi all

Apologies if I am posting too much lots of questions and not sure where to turn

Anyway I just wondered if irritability can be a symptom of schizophrenia i’m suffering with it a lot at the moment and i’m not sure why

PFL x

2 Likes

What meds do you take?

1 Like

@PFL

Hello, yes Irritability and anger are symptoms of schizophrenia. In actual fact, I am experiencing that myself. Thus far it has lasted a month or so, and some days and moments are worse than others. I find that it helps when I am alone

2 Likes

Was taking 30 mg of abilify and now 20 mg cuz so volatile

I’m volatile as a rattler without its rattle. No warning.

I suffer from irritability a lot too, especially when I have pms, but at other times too when the stress is too much

Lots at the moment: lithium, olanzapine, venlafaxine, propranolol, diazepam, promethazine and procyclidine

I’m coming off some of these soon hopefully

PFL x

1 Like

Yes I suffer at irritability and anger
I get irritable for instance at charity shop where I work people come into the shop and sometimes I feel like telling them to get out

Has anyone any tips for dealing with it? I find my husband irritates me sometimes but I can’t walk away like I would at work or shut myself off but I don’t want to argue with him so need to fix it

PFL X

I don’t know exactly, but from my experience SSRI’s make irritability worth but increase brain functionality,
You need sedating or warm AP’s like trifluprazine or clozapine,
These are just from my experience and its your psychiatrist who decides,
Amongst benzodiazepines, clonazepam is warm and sedating,
You need relaxers and not stimulants,
Stimulants like SSRIs make irritability worth,

Thank you for the info - isn’t clozapine potentially dangerous? Or is that overblown?

PFL X

It can reduce your white blood cell count which can be dangerous but I don’t know how common that is…you have to take regular blood checks with this one…

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.