Irish gene for schizophrenia

I’m 7% Irish. Don’t know if I have this gene.

4 Likes

There was a spike in cases in the Netherlands after world war 2 that was reported due to a famine. I have seen in mentioned in the literature somewhere.

3 Likes

At least 25% Irish, maybe more depending on my father. Not something I lose sleep over.

3 Likes

Back when High Brazil was still was still around, The Irish were not so lowly, or so sorted, it was an immigrant country. Wonder how that got sorted? Who is HIGH now? Maybe the climate will change again?

1 Like

Let the lady say her piece! Its not due to mono crop colonialism. Where again do divisions begin and end? Only where the precious resources are? I have 12 years of journal entries, what do you have, not that I want what you got. Empirical data is not monopolized by delusional review. Now they want to say how black or indian they are! How many U2 Mix Tapes did you dig out of the trash and find the heart and soul of Ancient Art with? The ART of the Survival of Those With Loving Kindness… please expand on the topic…I’m apparently 100% human.

That was due to the 1944-1945 famine.

Starving linked to schizophrenia : Nature News.

3 Likes

According to the paper trail I’m about 19% Irish. Separating Irish and Scottish ancestry is hard though . FTDNA gives me 39% & Ancestry DNA 13%.

I’m 25% Scottish and 25% Irish on mom’s side. That is well established. I guess winding up in AA was somewhat pre-ordained.

2 Likes

My mother was about 38% Irish, and had a serious alcohol problem. She never admitted it though. ‘I drink because…’ was a favourite response of hers. Drink tended to make her paranoid and aggressive . My brother and I often whether it might have been a case of self medicating due to some childhood trauma . If it was my mother stayed tight lipped about it.

The physical effects caught up with her in her late 60s. 7 years later she was dead. She came home from hospital in December 2010 , and died 5 days after Christmas.

2 Likes

I have got irish genes i think its common?

1 Like

50% Irish.
Didn’t have a good St. Patrick’s Day :shamrock:
First time I haven’t celebrated in a long while.

1 Like

My mum’s Irish and my dad’s English

1 Like

I’m Irish on me Ma and me Pas side. Is SZ more an irish problem then? Isn’t Alcoholism? What’s common in SZ.

2 Likes

@mister_lister

You should be suspended for racism

1 Like

Why do the Irish have reputation for being considered “lower class” people? I never really understood.

1 Like

The Irish built America and are highly educated now, we are Europe’s pharma capital and all major tech companies now have their European bases here. So suck it to all those that think we are a bunch of Alcos. (Well it’s partly true)

3 Likes

Im irish too but nobody else in my family or extended family has sz except me

1 Like

@Mr_Hope I think it was more the Irish Catholics that were seen as such. Whether Catholic,Protestant,other or non religious the Irish come from a variety of backgrounds-just like the English.

2 Likes

My gf was half Irish half Canadian and I am Syrian. I am the one who ended up with schizophrenia lol

2 Likes

I’m about 18% Irish, is it too late to convert to German?

1 Like