Schizophrenia.com

iPhone 12 Pro or Samsung Z flip 3?

I don’t understand why you would get an expensive phone these days. The cheap ones for ~200$ can do everything just as well. Maybe there is a little bit of lag sometimes, but its almost non existent.

1 Like

I think I may gift myself an iPhone 13.
The Pro models are way too heavy!

2 Likes

Folding looks cool but sounds like a weak point to me. Any tech gizmo I’ve ever had with a fold in it has come unhinged at that point after a certain period of use. I have an iPhone 11 pro and love it.

3 Likes

I’d stay away from it who knows how many times you could open a close it before it breaks maybe give folding phones a few more years

3 Likes

I know somebody who had a first generation Samsung flip phone, cost him £2000 and he had to have it replaced 3 times on his insurance as when dropped they are so easy to break.

3 Likes

I prefer Apple. Too used to the eco-system and intuitive controls. Just upgraded to the 13 Pro Max and sold my old XR. Also, the flip hinge might break easily from personal experience with an old Motorola phone back in the day.

2 Likes

I am really considering going back to Apple, because the parental controls are much nicer. I can more easily manage preferences from Starlet’s phone if I also have an iphone. I also miss being able to facetime with relatives. They just don’t quite understand google duo. If I did go back to Apple, which phone would be good for me (the responsible adult) and which would be good for Starlet (who is exceptionally clumsy)? @everhopeful @velociraptor

1 Like

Eeek. I don’t know anything about iPhones. I’d just be guessing. :frowning:

2 Likes

Ahh, my bad. You struck gold with phone recs last time, but i guess those were for androids. All tech past like 2010 is baffling to me.

2 Likes

@ninjastar if you could get your hands on an iPhone 11 or 12 I think you’d be satisfied.

The iPhone 11 or SE for Starlet

1 Like

Mr. Star got an iphone 11 and hated it, but I think it was defective. We ended up giving it to Ninjago as a going away present because the company refused to replace it or refund us.

1 Like

No the iPhone 11 is usually a great phone.
Yeah maybe his was defective, I don’t know.

I don’t know if you want to budget your phones, if not the iPhone 13 is a really good phone too.

1 Like

ehhhh “budget” is becoming a very loose term around here.

2 Likes

I don’t think £1000 for a phone is budget. Although I love my iPhone 11 Pro

1 Like

Not a fan of anything Apple, TBH. I’m very pleased with my Samsung Galaxy S21+, but it is admittedly mostly used as a camera and for listening to music. I use other devices for communication.

2 Likes