Iop was great today

Yesterday was terrible. We have a whole different group on Wednesday. Very supportive guys and good bond within us. I was talking astrology with this one guy he knew more than I do and it was fun to talk about.

2 Likes

Very nice! Yeah groups could either be totally stupid and a waste of time or really cool depending on who was leading it. We had one awful lady that obviously didn’t care at all. She said everything we had learned DBT wise in other groups was stupid and didn’t work. She did absolutely nothing with us except play stupid games like you would play in elementary school or at summer camp. What a waste of time and money. Meanwhile this one guy was awesome and so passionate about teaching people about their illness and sharing information everyone learned a lot.

1 Like

It wasn’t the leaders but this young lady keeps disagreeing with me, then when I tell her my side of the story she turns away and disrespects me. She is malignant and very rude. She ruins it for me. She said something yesterday she said “I don’t like Robert Downey jr because he’s like 5’6…ewwww” right in front of the group. I’m exactly 5’6. And this girl is just rude, shallow and very dumb and narcissistic.

The group yesterday is a bunch of people who have never had therapy in their lives because there lives were peaches and cream till 2 months ago when they got hit with some issue. None of them knew how to support people in group therapy.

Today is older men one guy around 60-65 with a real tough life. All of us it wasn’t our first time around. Besides I like men in group over women. It’s ok if there’s 1-4 women or so but if you get a group full of the wrong women they dominate the convos greatly. Just my .02

I discussed this with the group. They didn’t know what I was talking about but asked the right questions and offered the right support

Ah I see. Yes women are much more chatty than men. I noticed the same when I was in group with largely women, the men mostly stayed quiet. Meanwhile in groups where there were more men, the men seemed more comfortable to talk and connect w each other. Interesting. We did actually have some groups that were divided by gender so like a guy only and a girl only group.

Luckily I liked everyone in my PHP and got along quite well with the other folks. It was some of the workers I didn’t like.

1 Like

Does iop stand for idiots on patrol?

2 Likes

Intensive out patient (program)

Oh we had a thing in highschool and all the aholes called it idiots on patrol. But it was just special ed called Iop

1 Like

Lol that’s funny then. Not funny about the a holes being douches but funny to make that connection.

1 Like

I wonder if they have iOp in Minneapolis Jj

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.