Invega from Ziprasidone?

Currently, I am taking Abilify with Amisulpride and Ziprasidone. Switching from Amisulpride to Ziprasidone. If that, however, fails to work for me, then I think Abilify/Invega would be a good combination. But, I don’t know much about Invega, does it make you gain a lot of weight? What about sex drive? And, sedation?

2 Likes

The main side-effect I have from Invega is weight gain.

But it’s the most effective AP for me against voices.

1 Like

Got it. No issues with sex drive?

1 Like

It lowers it a bit, but not as bad as clozapine

1 Like

Invega nuked me sexually. I didnt orgasm for over two years on it, and it inhibited my ability to orgasm. I gained weight on it, but now I’m at decent weight on Rexuti

1 Like

im taking that combination. the invega helped a lot but it raised my prolactin so thats what the abilify is for. i think it u can keep the prolactin from going up then u wont have sexual side effects. invega hasnt raised my appetite but i know it can. and it doesnt make me tired at all. it actually gives me more energy and im getting more done and i take it in the morning but i know that doesnt happen to everyone either. i like it tho.

1 Like

Yeah, Abilify lowers my prolactin, but I still lost my sex drive on Amisulpride.

I read it is like Seroquel for weight gain, and Seroquel was bad for me, so I don’t know. It is not considered a weight neutral medication like Ziprasidone/Abilify. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Invega ruined my sex drive and made me fat

yeah maybe. i also didnt gain any weight on seroquel so maybe those just dont do that to me. the only ones i gained on was zyprexa and clozapine

2 Likes

You are a true fighter and you are really Rellevant here on this Forum.

1 Like