Intrusive thoughts

I have such disturbing intrusive thoughts. I feel horrible having these thoughts. I offer wonder if I’m actually producing these thoughts and if I’m the scum of the earth for thinking them. The voices don’t help, but affirm them. I hate it :pleading_face: I know I’m not a bad person. I have good in me. I feel like I’m really this monster inside that purposely thinks these thoughts. Ugh! :pensive:
I do practice positive affirmations, but sometimes the IT win.

2 Likes

You really shouldn’t hold yourself responsible for dirty or inappropriate thoughts when you have schizophrenia. The brain just inserts dark or inappropriate stuff about all kinds of people, 100% not your fault.

3 Likes

I know what you mean. It’s not your fault. You’re not a bad person. You didn’t put those thoughts there. It’s just the sz talking. I have to remind myself all the time. It’s ok.

2 Likes

No use in obsessing over them, Best to just forgive yourself and try to move past them.

Zoloft helped with how often I get them, But therapy has been huge.

You aren’t your Intrusive thoughts, they’re just a misfire of your brain.

2 Likes

I think weird, perverse, offensive an impolite thoughts are just part of being human.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.