Intrusive thoughts log 8/28/2015

Today anxious feelings early today at 12pm. Then picturing people in my mind and afraid they could read my thoughts. Took my prn. Hope it will be easy for me to sleep tonight. Wish i could cry, feel like crying but i can’t.

1 Like

Just relax. It is not real. Think of the worst case scenario your fearful situation and write them down.
After writing down worst of worse case scenario you can think of. You know that nothing can make you fearful because you already know worst case scenario and you did write many as you can to think of.

Because you already know what is the worse that can happen. You only have to find out the way to improve.

Fear is only fear when you consent to them same goes for pain.

Marcus Aurelius wrote: “If you are pained by external things, it is not they that disturb you, but your own judgment of them. And it is in your power to wipe out that judgment now.”

“Men are not afraid of things, but of how they view them,” said Epictetus

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. - Mark Twain

1. Define your nightmare, the absolute worst that could happen if you did what you are considering.
  2. What steps could you take to repair the damage or get things back on the upswing, even if temporarily?
  3. What are the outcomes or benefits, both temporary and permanent, of more probable scenarios?
  4. What are you putting off out of fear?

Now you have planned everything. It is only fear when you consider them as fear or when you consent to them.
You can be different and happy. Some of the ideas are from books I have read.

Keep up the good work. wish best for you.

1 Like

Hi sxz1zxs,
wish i could tell someone my worst fear maybe then it wouldnt matter. But thank you for your reply.
Dont want an anxiety about anxiety attacks.

Wish i could not swallow but i still want to swallow what can i do?

It is a very common anxiety symptom, "throat anxiety, " just reading up on this.

Just keep positive and get many help as possible.
I usually talk to other counselors as well.

1 Like