Interesting research on calcium and PMS

I’m sure the Newsweek article detailing that women who have psychosis tend to go through a mini-psychosis during their periods has already been posted on here, but I got curious as to what can actually be done about it. Usually I get severely irritable. I did some research because it is the one time of month that effects my life in a bad way. Apparently calcium is really effective at decreasing moodiness during that time. After reading through the research I ordered a calcium supplement and am eager to see how it works. Here is the research I found (I am sure there is more):

Thoughts?

1 Like

It’s certainly worth a try. Let us know how it goes

2 Likes

I took two pills that contain 1300 mg together with a banana. I started feeling off mentally and am hallucinating a little.This is unusual, so I did some further research, too much calcium can cause hallucinations! So next time I will take half the dose with a full meal. Whoopsies. Everyone makes mistakes, this would be one of mine. At least I am staying calm. Eating more now, and drinking a lot, as the website that said it could cause hallucinations also said that drinking a lot of water (not mineral water) could help flush it out. I’ll be alright. If splitting the dose in half causes the same effect tomorrow, I’ll look for something else to help with PMS.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.