Interappropiate affect

Do you ever laugh at ■■■■ that’s not funny. Like funerals or sad ■■■■ and go why did I do that. Do you ever see messed up stuff and it doesn’t bother you. Just want to know if there are others like me out there.

5 Likes

Yeah its common among schizophrenics it’s just showing inappropriate emotions at the wrong time

1 Like

Yes that happens to me as well. :hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:

1 Like

Inappropriate laughter can be a symptom of mental illness.

1 Like

Yeah, this is a huge problem for me.

3 Likes

Do you get a strange feeling in situations that you shouldn’t. Also. Do you not have a blunted affect.

1 Like

Yeah I guess, I’m unsure of what you mean.

I used to have a blunted affect, but since I started dealing with long periods of manic episodes I don’t think I have as much of one.

Edit: even when I was dealing with a blunted affect I still had inappropriate laughing

1 Like

Did you get interappropiate emotions at sad or troubling times?

1 Like

Yes, that definitely happens to me. Does that happen to you? I’m unsure of what to do about it…

1 Like

Yes and I also don’t know what to do about it. It’s better then being sad or emotionally ■■■■■■ up at serious times. I use it to be a moderator and to try to help others.

1 Like

Oh, yes but not all the time. I laughed in my pdoc’s office talking about my father’s recent death. I didn’t cry at my father’s, mother’s, aunt’s, son’s or brother’s death bed’s or funeral’s.

2 Likes

Makes me feel better that I’m not the only person out there lol.

I do it all the time at the cinema to ppl dying & the like, my brother and cousin then start cracking up as well at how morbid it is

I struggle with it at times. my emotions always tend to be extremely unusual for the situation I’m in, especially since I became ill, but usually the blunted affect takes care of that issue for me for the most part. there are times that I’ll randomly begin to cry with seemingly no prompting in the eyes of others or laugh in a silent room for no reason and get cold stares from others, though.

1 Like

I feel you. It’s not having no emotions at all. It’s something different. It’s having the right ones at the wrong time.

1 Like

I watched an NCIS episode the other day when a suspect was fleeing and got hit by a car. I don’t laugh much but I was laughing at that.

1 Like

I watch NCIS episodes as well, i like them

1 Like

I’m doing this also…

I have no remorse also, only worries

1 Like

You have it. You just don’t feel it. I assume with everyone it’s different.

I laugh when I feel nervous or threatened.
I think I do it because part of me thinks it’s disarming or something.

1 Like