Instagram Views

I post something on instagram it gets like about 24 views. My cousins wife posts something and she gets 200k views. Had a think why, and I guess she paid for those views. I am thinking of leaving instagram, its not what it used to be.

2 Likes

Either she paid for the views, or she paid for the post to be promoted, appearing in many searches.

That’s not a reason to quit IG.

If you really wanted to attract views and become a mini-celebrity, I guess you could pay too.

I use IG mostly for viewing curated content and for staying in touch with a few people.

2 Likes

Never understood insta

My niece has 3,000 followers and even at that number companies are sending her things to demo

1 Like

It’s not why I want to leave. I just feel some good content gets pushed out of my feed cos some people with content have pushed their way into my feed by paying for views.

1 Like

That may be so.
Do you have an alternative?
I mean, do you know a different social media platform that provides this much content and allows for better choosing what to show and what to hide?

1 Like

social media is infested with bots. most activity is actually just bots that appear like human activity, and it’s all for business purposes. your cousin’s wife is using a a “bot-net” to boost views, using hundreds of thousands of accounts ran by a computer at once to boost views enough to get the post in the algorithm, which is the part when real humans start to actually see it.

1 Like