Insomnia due to alcohol withdrawal

this is a blast and a half… I can’t allow myself to drink any more.

4 Likes

It’s tough … Do you have Valerian Root on hand @Azley ?

can’t say I do… maybe I should check though.

1 Like

oh look at that… I do

1 Like

It tremendously helped my insomnia when I was quitting.

1 Like

thanks man… the bottle says take 3?

1 Like

500mg? Yeah, 3 - 4 should work. 5 - 6 if you really cant fall asleep.

Yeah… I’ll start with 3 and see if that starts to settle me down.

2 Likes

You’ll find most physical effects pass pretty quickly. That psychological addiction will catch up to you especially if your sz. Good for trying and hope you get there. I need to lose weight and excess calories must go. I’m doing a dry August. No alcohol. No parties. Just balls to the wall exercise and living less than large.

Hang in there @Azley. Time does help!

2 Likes

I’m just going to try and keep it to fridays…

I’m really not to happy that I’ve slipped into it this far

1 Like

Seriously. I don’t drink to get drunk but I like to unwind with alcohol. I’m a happy person and sometimes I overdo it but I just stick to mid strength beer and I stick to limits. Yeah sometimes I fail those limits but if your drinking a bottle of vodka a day you need to pull your head in!

Drinking isn’t bad per se . Keep it to one day to reward yourself. I’m going to do a dry August. I’ve bigger fish to fry with my weight and fitness but I don’t find it bad drinking at social gatherings and my family and club have heaps. Besides. If your thinking your drinking lots or too much. Do a dry month!

You can do this!

1 Like

Of yeah it’s like at least 6 a night… sometimes more and sometimes with different mixtures of alcohol

2 Likes

It’s alright man. Try not going to sleep if you can. Stay up the rest of the day and try again. Take a heavier dose of Valerian if you need it.

2 Likes

Start with simple goals and reward yourself. I like beer. I’m a cheap and happy drunk but it’s hard to get toasted on mid strength beer. Try to aim for a week without firstly. It’s tough but you can do it. Have a night of a six pack. Don’t go more. Alcohol can be a crutch but fight through that.

I have plenty of times to drink out with family and friends and those are good times. Drinking home in your basement aren’t!

One step at a time. Some people need the structure of AA. I tend to think if your in charge of your life you can do it by yourself with a bit of discipline!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.