Injected myself with invega

I’ll have to be very careful. I fully intend on doing it myself from now on.

There really wasnt much pain.

1 Like

When I was discharged from the hospital last they gave me my medicine but I didn’t think I was supposed to I just it myself. It needs to go in the arm or butt from what I understand and you can’t do that yourself. I used to do testosterone injection in the leg but that’s different.

1 Like

ok maybe it’s just the way my nurse does it, she sticks the needle in all the way, and then she slowly pushes the medicine in. it hurts when she slowly pushes down on the hammer of medicine or whatever you call it. if i did it i would stick it in and press it down quickly and pull it out, but my nurse doesn’t do it that way. my arm is sore a couple days after my injection date each time.

1 Like

Hey moon can you clarify your first sentence?

Maybe you didn’t do it properly?

I’d switch to pills if I were you.

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with needles, injections, blood draws, etc… when someone else does it.

But when I use to be on insulin injecting myself was just weird psychologically the first few times, stabbing myself with a needle just seems counter intuitive to protecting myself from being stabbed. But I eventually got use it it for the most part after a month or so. Then I developed insulin resistance so my doctor took me off it.

1 Like

Invega is meant to be injected by a qualified medical professional. It should go in the deltoid or gluteal muscle ONLY.

Doing it yourself is inviting trouble.

5 Likes

The booklet says: Each injection should be administered by a health professional.

Should is not must

I just want to reiterate my quote from WebMD. You are going to do what you are going to do, but I think it’s a bad idea. Why not just schedule it with a nurse? Doesn’t your insurance cover that?

2 Likes

@anon84461028 , please listen to reason.

Go to the clinic to get it done, or switch to pills.

2 Likes

"Erroneous injection location may cause severe damages
Anabolic steroids and testosterone are usually injected in the buttock, thigh or upper arm muscles. If the muscle to be injected is small then so should the dose. [[8] In a small muscle the injection may cause more pain and damage [9]. If you repeatedly inject in the same location, the muscle can harden and become damaged.

When injecting into the buttock muscle you must be particularly careful the needle does not touch the sciatic nerve. Injecting the nerve causes severe radiating pain to the lower limbs (similar to an electric shock) and can damage the nerve permanently. In a worse case scenario, sciatic nerve damage can lead to lower limb paralysis. [10]

When injecting, ensure that no blood vessels are touched. If blood is visible in the syringe when pulling the syringe plunger back towards you, immediately remove the needle and press on the injection site to stop the bleeding.

A broken blood vessel causes internal bleeding within the muscle. You may feel pain and stiffness in the muscle. When a blood vessel breaks, scar tissue or blood clots can form and if a blood clot starts to wander and reaches the heart or lungs, the consequences can be life-threatening. Injections that hit an artery can be particularly dangerous."

2 Likes

Yeah that risk of blood clot to the brain or lung is real.

1 Like

Yes Its true my Mom gives me the injections

2 Likes

Is your mom a nurse or something though?

2 Likes

Yes she’s a nurse 15151515

3 Likes

Ask your mom if she would ever show you how to do it yourself. Im curious.

1 Like

I already know how to do it just from all the times I’ve seen her do it but I still wouldn’t want to do it myself that sounds tricky

1 Like

I knew how to do it from the 72 times ive had it done but i didnt know the thought process they were using

1 Like