Schizophrenia.com

Inflation in the US

Thanks @Loke @johnnyboy1. I’m drinking coffee I make at home now and am doing pretty good at staying out of the energy drinks. I also have some ice tea in the fridge.

2 Likes

Don’t add salt and see what he says. If I was making sauce from premade sauce and adding veggies like zucchini, mushrooms, kale, spinach, onion, garlic, bell pepper, and a can of diced tomatoes I wouldn’t add any salt. The jar of sauce and the can of tomatoes have a lot of salt already.

I don’t have a recipe exactly because I do it differently depending on what veggies I have on hand. But you take a bunch of the veggies listed above and saute’ them till they cook down then add your sauce and tomatoes and spices and let it simmer while you cook your pasta. If you’re going to add meat you can cook it first and set it aside and add it back to the pan before you start to simmer.

If you are feeding someone who doesn’t like veggies cut the veggies really small before you saute’ and they won’t even notice them in the sauce if you have meat.

2 Likes

Was just at the grocery store. Bacon was $12 for a package. Couldn’t believe it.

Luckily I have the gusto to survive on beans and brown rice. Done it before when things were tight. I may once again start stockpiling black beans and brown rice just in case. I already have a few months saved up but maybe more couldn’t hurt.

Was just telling dad that natural gas is slated to take a 300% jump according to Fox News on the Echo.

:no_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks @ThePickinSkunk. I have cut back on my food too.

1 Like

Great :blush: thanks :pray:

2 Likes

Damn !! That’s crazy !! Luckily we have 5 pounds at least of deer burger in the freezer. Deer burger makes pretty good meatloaf/spaghetti meat/ stroganoff. We’ve also got rabbit in the freezer and that meat is delicious :drooling_face:

2 Likes

That’s great that you are stocked up. So are we. Our friends split a cow with us so we have plenty.

:yum:

2 Likes

Extremism is on the rise, gas and food prices are going up, violent crime is on the rise, pollution is a big problem, our natural resources and wild life are endangered, Covid is here to stay….
The list goes on and on.

Seems like the country I love is going to hell.

Yeah and I agree with @johnnyboy1
If the United States falls the entire world will soon follow.

2 Likes

the UK is also having food and gas , power problems its got so out of hand people fighting Each other for gas

3 Likes

Thanks @ThePickinSkunk @ParanoidAndroiduk @Wave @ThePickinSkunk @Loke

We survived this before back in the 70’s and early 80’s.

2 Likes

Wow :star_struck: good for you!! Did y’all get your cow already butchered or did you do it yourself? My dad and I talk about buying a cow too.

3 Likes

We paid to have it butchered. Much cheaper than store bought meat.

2 Likes

I’m sure it is cheaper.

2 Likes

They’re running out of supplies/goods. Now it’s affecting me…I buy low carb monsters and I could barely find them today…

2 Likes

Cola is going up 5.9 percent. I don’t get social security anymore but my military retirement and VA benefits will increase that much.

2 Likes

Different states have different prices. Groceries are probably cheaper in Michigan than a lot of places.

2 Likes

Thanks @johnnyboy1 @Brendalyn @TomCat

1 Like