Income Inequality

I was talking to my older brother recently…he’s really on the ball.

He was telling me in the not too distant future, income inequality will become so bad that people are going to go to Zuckerberg’s mansion and Bezo’s estate with pitchforks and that will be the end of them.

The Dragons of this world who are hoarding all of their coins while people are starving, will meet their demise.

Interesting. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Doubtful. They prob have too much security.
I think only solution is going to be the universal basic income to keep people in homes and off the street if it gets worse

2 Likes

I was also talking with my older sister.

She said if you are going to open a business, either sell high-end cars…or open a Dollar Store…because the middle class is evaporating.

2 Likes

Yeah you have to sell to either upper class market or lower class

2 Likes

Nah, eventually when machines and computers will do most of the jobs they will give basic income to everyone.

But probably not till millions of jobs are lost and many people suffering that consequence before they finally do it. I bet they’ll do it the latest moment they can.

2 Likes

That will depend on the country. In Northern Europe losing your job is not a problem, you get income until you find a new one.

Oh yeah I mean north america. The capitalist zone

2 Likes

I think a big problem in America is that there is no ‘old money’ in the black community.

This fuels the racial tensions. Add guns to the mix and you’ve got a pretty toxic situation on your hands.

Like nothing has changed with wealth since industrialization. You’ll find the mega rich get richer and that is the way. This is economics in the capitalist sphere.

How you wrestle that back is politics and all I can say is get involved in your lot and vote accordingly.

Please keep on topic. We, as schizophrenics are the worst earners out there. We are affected at our best earning cycles and we are totally marginalized like a lot of other folk.

Vote. Contribute to your future. This is a worthwhile thread so please keep it open without
proselytizing the politics…

6 Likes

How can I start ‘proselytizing’ the politics when I don’t even know what that word means! :smile:

2 Likes

’We, as schizophrenics are the worst earners out there. We are affected at our best earning cycles and we are totally marginalized like a lot of other folk."

This is so true. I’ve only ever been able to work part-time because of my affliction. It’s cost me a fortune over the long haul. But I suppose I’m still one of the lucky ones in that I’m still able to work at all.

3 Likes

I don’t work and survive on disability. Still I work volunteering. It’s a good fit for me and I do some good things.

3 Likes

Things evolve. But EVERYBODY hates change. Some people are prepared, some are not.

1 Like

The family model of one bread winner and one caretaker just worked for so long.

But today we need two incomes…both partners working… to have the same lifestyle as a generation ago.

We’re all going nowhere fast and chasing our collective tails, in my opinion.

2 Likes

No arguments here. We’ve lost more than we’ve gained but we have billionaires now. It’s politics at the heart and this isn’t the forum. Keep cool.

1 Like