Schizophrenia.com

In spring we were desperate for rain 🌧

With all the fires. Now we don’t need it and every day it rains. Welcome to Manitoba! :umbrella:

3 Likes

welcome to Canada in general where everythings topsy turvey (:

1 Like

We had to much rain this summer in Alberta

We just hit spring and it’s already 30 degrees and humid. We have had some bushfires already and we’ve the same problem. No rain and we really need it bad. Some places out west have run out of water and need to have it trucked in. Drought is on the cards for a lot of Aussies at the moment. Send some of that rain across to us!

1 Like

Gladly! I hope you get the needed rain! We are turning the heat on already because the nights are cold. I sure hope winter stays away for another month and a half. Almost every year we get our first snow on the week of Halloween.

1 Like

Heavy snow for us in Alberta next weekend

1 Like

I’m enjoying Spring rains here. I grow locally endangered plant species and plant them in a bushland revegetation site to boost the endangered populations and create wildlife habitat. All the plants I planted last year are doing awesome and have had a Spring growth spurt. I also planted lots of seeds on site and they’ve started to germinate, it’s exciting to see the little seedlings coming up. I also sowed some wildflower seeds last week at home in my nursery and they’ve germinated successfully. I worry about climate change (the lack of rain in some places, excess rain in others) but choose to do something constructive for the environment, rather than just worry about it & feel helpless. Growing endangered plants is my way of “thinking global, acting local.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.