I used to obsess on these topics. But I watched my brothers do those things and noticed:
- They often had to reach for their wallet.
- One of them went through the horror of dealing with his daughter’s childhood cancer and suffered PTSD as a result. She survived but it wasn’t easy.
- I was happy playing with my nieces. I also got worn out quickly and was happy when relief came. Being on ap’s and having constant insomnia sapped my energy even when I was young.
- Diapers, potty training, fighting over what the kids are allowed to do. Uncles can usually avoid it. Parents can’t.
- Few people like to drive you everywhere you go. Not being able to drive was a disability within itself.
- I’m a boring guy. I have trouble keeping things interesting. I also was a workaholic when I was working. Women don’t care much for that.
- Not many women will wait for you to check out of the Psych Ward.
(some guys can handle that stuff. I salute you. I don’t know how you do it.)