In psych ward and hateing new meds

They upped my dose with depot by 50. Put me on new bed time med seriquil 100mg but i hate it cause in the morning i always gotta stay on the go or feel like a zombie for hours. At least it puts me to sleep. I get discharged tomor been in there for 15 days

2 Likes

Hospital is the best place sometimes. I hope your system gets used to the new med regime soon.

1 Like

congrats on getting discharged tomorrow! That was always my happiest day in the psych wards, lol, day i get to go home.

Treat yourself to something fancy in terms of food! When I was in the psych wards, I used to get out and immediately go buy myself some street tacos or delicious sushi, since I’d be craving that every meal time.

Yea, Seroquel is a heavy hitter, in terms of how it zombifies people was on it for a while, too not as bad as zyprexa’s zombifying effects, but up there…good luck on adjusting!

3 Likes

I had no internet access during my Hospital stay.
They took our phones and all electronics and placed it in a locker.

1 Like

Same wave but i sneak mine in

2 Likes

Why do they do it?

1 Like

Why do they do what?
Take your possessions in the psych ward?

So you don’t enjoy yourself.
They are in control.

2 Likes

I’ve been on serequel for atleast a few years now and I’m at 100 mg like you. I actually tend to like it as it helps me fall asleep and I think has other positive mood stabilizing effects. I have taken higher doses and those gave me restless leg syndrome which is absolutely horrible when your trying to sleep. Actually had to take another medication to combat that side effect, but better at 100 mg. In some ways your lucky cause when I was in a psych ward one time they were giving me 300 mg a day and that turned me into a zombie, did help me sleep all day though. I’d say give yourself a chance to get used to it. All the best

18 days later still not used to this seriquil. Dont see doc until july 5th

Haven’t been in a psych ward for some time but sometimes feel so depressed, feel like going but I would probably not enjoy it also home is better probably.

1 Like

They let you keep your cell phone? They always take everything from me. One time a nurse even asked for my wedding ring, I didn’t give it up though.

No they did not keep my cell phone. Like i said i snuck it in

1 Like