In indiana it's illegal to

drive a car and talk on your cellphone at the same time. just saw some dude driving down the road talking on his cellphone haha. 10 years in the slammer, jk, i think they write you a ticket if you get caught. the law is 1 or 2 years old now.

3 Likes

Those laws are in lots of states. Texting too.

1 Like

Here too in Quebec no cellphone while driving, no talking no texting and you aren’t even allowed to hold your phone with your hands for like using gps etc For gps you have to use the thing that holds your phone and that attaches to the car, you’re not allowed to touch your phone while driving. Its ridiculous.

1 Like

It’s illegal to text while driving here in SC, but not to talk on the phone. I’ve heard it said that distracted driving is just as dangerous as drunk driving.

1 Like

Same here. No cellphone while behind the wheel. But many drivers don’t comply.

1 Like

here in illinois we can talk on the phone as long as its hands free. unless we have just been breaking the law for years :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh yes I think we got that exception for hands free too.

2 Likes

yeah we may have hands free exception as well. personally i don’t own a cellphone. i have a hard enough time adjusting the a/c or radio without swerving a little haha. usually i set the radio to the station i want before i start driving.

1 Like

i used to text and drive many years ago, never got in any accidents, but looking back it was pretty stupid. my mom has a feature, that if someone calls while she is driving it says “driving, will check your message when i get home” or something like that.

Not even hands free phone calls through the car’s Bluetooth?

1 Like

illegal in the U.K too

1 Like

It is in Japan also… but I did it yesterday :confused:

1 Like

In Denmark, getting caught behind the wheel with a phone in your hand will earn you a point on the driver’s license.
3 points, and you lose your license. Serves them right.

Almost every time the car in front of me is swerving like crazy, going at the wrong speed, or clearly not paying attention to the road, I see them using their phone.
It’s an accident waiting to happen.
If the text you want to answer is so important it can’t wait, the right thing to do is to pull over.

2 Likes

In the uk if you have a crash the cops contact your cell phone provider to see if your phone was being used when you crashed. They proper charge you if you were texting

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.