In hospital

Been in the hospital for ten days now. I had an acute pancreatic attack. My pdoc had put me on zyprexa last month, and apparently it can cause high blood sugar and increase triglycerides. I already have those issues so it triggered DKA and pancreatitis.

So I’m off zyprexa and they put me on geodon. But my pdoc also wants to put me on vraylar. I’m nervous about all these psych changes. I’m upset because I’ve been okay since my surgery last year. This is a definite setback. With all the med changes, I’m feeling greatly overwhelmed and stressed.

4 Likes

Sending strength♥️ I hope you’re able to go home soon!

1 Like

ohhh boy. That’s one drug they should ban, Zyprexa.

my daughter, CF, has pancreatic insuffiency.
do they have you Creon enzymes?
or how they fixing it.
hate to see you go thru another surgery.
so sorry hon.

2 Likes

My liver Dr told my pdoc to stop my Zyprexa because it raised my liver enzymes, blood glucose, triglycerides and cholesterol. I am also going to try Vraylar, I have an apt in June.

1 Like

Good luck with the med changes!

1 Like

@Aziz how is vraylar when it comes to weight gain

1 Like

I am not on Vraylar yet but I read the weight gain should be similar to Abilify.

1 Like

That’s amazing 1515

1 Like

Hang in there. You might find you like the new treatment better, you never know. Good luck!

2 Likes

Med changes are stressful because of the side effects of the Antipsychotics. I wish you good luck in the switch of meds.

1 Like

Hey, yes, I have pancreatic insufficiency, too. I’m on creon. They adjusted my insulin, got my triglycerides down, and now I’m working on keeping down solids and managing pain.

2 Likes