In hospital for medication changes

The crisis team have sent me to hospital saying that they thought I needed two antipsychotics and this needed to be done in hospital. The doctor I saw today (not the consultant) is talking about clozapine which I thought was the last resort he says polypharmacy is last resort. I haven’t tried amisulphide yet is it worth a go?

Thank you in advance

PFL X

5 Likes

I don’t have any med advice, but I’m glad you’re getting help.

2 Likes

It’s usually smart to be in the hospital for med changes. I can’t say what meds you should try. Different doctors have different ideas about what will help the most, and every drug works differently for every person.

If you have the money, genesight has a DNA test that tells you which psychotropic medications are likely to work best for you. It’s about 70% accurate, which isn’t great, but is slightly better than guessing.

https://genesight.com/product/

5 Likes

Thank you both guess I just need to wait and see what the consultant psychiatrist says tomorrow…

PFL X

2 Likes

armisupride is a good medicine except it stop the period. if you are a man ,it will be fine.

1 Like

Yesterday I was optimistic I would see the consultant psychiatrist now I feel so certain I won’t which is making me extremely anxious the whole point of this admission was for med changes as life is so unbearable. I’m not prepared to sit it out for weeks waiting for a change that won’t come

A sad and anxious PFL X

I got this done, and I think it’s given me more anxiety than anything else because my results said I’m really med resistant.

1 Like