In a Crash, Should Self-Driving Cars Save Passengers or Pedestrians?

One reader commented :

A self driving car should protect its passengers first or they wouldn’t sell. Who would willingly ride in a vehicle that would intentionally sacrifice their life for any reason?

1 Like

I have reverse road rage. I call it pedestrian rage.

2 Likes

I can drive better than these self driving cars. I would be pissed if i couldn’t drive anymore

1 Like

I personally can’t wait for self driving cars to be a reality for everyone.
I have a fear of driving in unfamiliar places and on the highway.

1 Like

I rather be a passenger in a crash than get hit by a car

2 Likes

I rather drive. I like making the car do what I want.

Protect the driver. Pedestrians should be more alert

1 Like

self driving cars have already caused pedestrian fatalities…do away with them !!

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it depend on how many passengers vs how many pedestrians were likely to be killed ? Ideally you’d like the least number of people possible to die.

I think that the fact that this question can be asked shows there’s a potential major problem with self-driving cars.

1 Like

A very good question. I also can drive very well and touch wood I’d never let a car do the driving for me. Humans can still operate with feel and touch which are very important if you know a car. You’d be surprised how good humans can do with reflexes in tight conditions. I have driven high reach trucks in narrow aisles and you could do some amazing things much faster than a self driving or robot!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.