Impossible Whopper by Burger King

So I have ignorantly dismissed burgers based on plant based “meat”. I have always thought, okay, they are trying to do good and protect the environment but they probably taste like sh*t, or at least not like a real burger.

The other day I decided to try a plant based burger, I bought an Impossible Whopper from Burger King and I was shocked by how good it was, about 90% the same as a regular Whopper. Didn’t taste plant like at all, actually tasted like meat. If someone had given it to me and didn’t tell me it was a plant based burger I would never have known, I would have thought it was real beef.

And this is only the beginning of plant based “meatless” burgers, in 5 or 10 years time they will probably be much better.

My only real complaint is the price, they are more expensive than a regular whopper.

6 Likes

Yeah. Being vegan is in right now so they’re getting away with charging high prices

1 Like

If it wasn’t for the high price I would have no problem buying it again. However, I am on disability and only recently got a job so I don’t have any extra money to spend on stuff like this. I don’t really have enough money to buy fast food anyways, even with coupons, never mind paying extra for a plant based burger.

1 Like

I gained a lot of weight on a vegan diet several years ago. It was all those carbs.

1 Like

Yea sometimes we get frozen plant burgers from Costco, they taste good, almost like meat burgers.

1 Like

Vegan foods can be very high calorie. But it’s possible to eat a low calorie, healthy vegan diet. You just have to check everything and plan meals in advanced so you’re not going over your alotted calories

1 Like

So they’re made of plants? I wonder how healthy they are.

2 Likes

And spices I guess.

2 Likes

no thank you…I prefer real meat !! eat a steak eat a steak eat a big ol’ steer, it’s a song…thought it fit.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve tried the plant meat at chipotle, and bought some plant meat at the store it tastes ok, I think it’s good to cater to different diets, everyone likes different things, and for many health problems cutting out beef and certain processed meats is usually recommended with exercise.

1 Like

I don’t know if your serious or joking or just looking for problems were there are none, but “Whop” isn’t derogatory for Italians., the term Wop however is, it stands for “With out papers”. Thus the "Whop"per isn’t derogatory.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.