I'm worried about 2017

its just with Trump and Brexit the future looks bleak, things are really not looking very promising, i’m not looking forward to this year :frowning:

i’m trying to stay positive but ■■■■ its hard :confused:

2 Likes

I think we should give Trump a chance. I didn’t vote for him, I voted for Gary Johnson, but Trump won and we have to accept that! Hopefully in 2020 John Kasich will run against Trump and win!

its not just that although that troubles me a lot, over here in the uk we voted out of the eu (european union) its rather depressing and it means that things might get harder here, prices going up etc

Or prices could go down because you won’t be paying EU taxes anymore.

i dont think so, we may have to pay more for access to the single market, its all very depressing :frowning: doom and gloom

With all the people dying and with this unheard of presidency its hard not to be concerned. But i have faith in us. We humans r deep down good people i believe. We need to stick together and be good to each other. It starts by helping others on this site and taking that help uve given to others u meet. We need to be kinder to people. We need to not judge others for the scars we can’t see. A better future starts with us especially in these scary times. I have a few things to say about Trump but ill keep that to myself since it doesn’t help. What does help though is staying committed to ur responsibilites and to make sure ur safe

3 Likes

And make sure ur safety as a human doesn’t conflict with the safety of others.

2 Likes

Well said @Kazuma :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are the words of Jesus, (he gave to his followers) that I personally find comfort in.

Matthew 6:25-29New International Version (NIV)

Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

Eh I think trump won’t do much in office just a hunch though. Also with brexit you are now free to make your own decisions as a country. I like brexit because you guys voted for liberty and representation over having a safety net and having someone else in the eu headquarters in another nation tell you what to do. As long as you trust your countrymen you can be optimistic about the future. Brits are incharge of Brits now.

@Resilient1

Some things are out of your control, so it’s best to focus on things you can directly affect.

2 Likes

I try to avoid media as much as possible. Unfortunately those two examples you chose are hard too.

sorry scottb, i have this thing on my phone that makes it easier to know whats going on, i tried to get rid of it but its still there, news headlines as they surface, its a pain in the butt bc i usually stay away from the news myself.

I think Sam Harris said it best when he characterized the election as being like a pilot and co-pilot flying an airplane. The pilot keels over from a heart attack, and the co-pilot, who is woefully unprepared to fly the plane, takes over. Trump is like that co-pilot. Everybody wants him to land the plane successfully, though they would rather have just about anybody else flying the plane. Now that Trump is president I hope he flies and lands the plane successfully.

1 Like