I'm working again!

how does this affect your insurance

It brings joy to me to hear that more people are capable of working in spite of the illness, I, for one, have been on my new job for the last 5 months and no words can express the feelings of content and achievement after a long day at work, it is both thrilling and exhausting but I say it pays off at the end, yes we are part of the society and yes we must try our best to get involved in it even if others belittle us or our capacity, I think when the time is right everyone of us can work and live an independent life and even get married given he complys with the meds and his doc. I haven’t seen you post here before but from what I can read from others you seem to be a nice gentleman with many positive impacts in hospitality and care, I wish you well and a long lasting fruitful career with your esteemed employer. Good luck.

1 Like

That is a marvelous story, @sidgift. I think you made a strong point when you stated that you decided to do something to improve your life and situation. Getting better takes an enormous amount of smart work, and certainly doesn’t happen without such effort.

I’m very proud of what you’ve accomplished. And I am confident that your relationship with your son and daughter will improve, as you simply live your life and show everyone around you just how gentle, stable, and intelligent you are.

Be Well,

Anthony

@skitzobill,

I was able to keep my disability benefits for several months while working. This is referred to as a Trial Work Period, where you can earn a certain amount in wages while keeping the safety net in place. And, I believe under current Social Security rules, a beneficiary is able to keep their Medicare health insurance for up to a year after returning to work. I opted out of Medicare, because my employer’s health insurance was superior–and cheaper actually lol.

Here is some info on the topic of working while disabled, which I found helpful:

Blessings,

Anthony

Congratulations. That is seriously wonderful and inspirational news! I wish you well on this new venture! D x

1 Like

Congratulations! It makes me happy knowing people with mental illness can work and love what they are doing.

1 Like

congratulations Anthony! you set a good example to others! Really nice to see you

1 Like

Thanx for your kind reply and support. yes I am and will try my best to run my shop. My kids used to love me and lot, and believe they must be missing me a lot. Just they scare of mom. I cant not go to see them though I tried a lot in last three year. But my wife simply refused. I can only wish that when they grown up they may come to see me, its just 30 minute walking distance from my house. my daughter is 13 and son is 9 year old now. I may have to wait for another five to eight year.

Anyway…I wish you happy life and best wishes for your job. your job seems to be really interesting, nurse case manager.
regards
sidgift