I'm wondering if I should call an ambulance

It’s been steadily getting worse. I am so short winded. I do just a very little work, like cleaning out the cat litter boxes, and I’m left panting for air. A couple of days ago I was taking my pulse, and my artery skipped a beat once every four or five beats. I think it has gone away, but I’m still uneasy about it. I’ve told doctors about my short windedness, and two times they gave me a steroid, antibiotics, and an inhaler. Both times it worked for about a day, and then the short windedness came back. I’ve been consuming pathological amounts of sugar. The doctor told me I have very high triglycerides. I’m scared to try to work it off because I get winded so easily.

Sounds really scary. I’d seek out medical attention for sure.

1 Like

You could be developing diabetes or pancreatitis

1 Like

Have you had a lung xray recently?

1 Like

That sounds really bad. I would get in touch with a professional asap. In your shoes I would even consider skipping my meds for a couple of days to see if it gets better, unless you are prone to psychosis right away. I mean…if you can figure out if the meds are the trigger or not that is worth a lot to figure out how you should procede with your doctors condolance.

1 Like

No, I haven’t, but it does feel like this malady is down in my lungs.

I’d call your primary drs after hours service and ask them if you should go to the ER

I have high triglycerides and diabetes and I’m not winded @crimby.
Get it checked out by a doctor as soon as possible.

1 Like

It’s not bad at all when I am sitting still, but just a small amount of activity leaves me winded. I might ask my caseworker to take me to the hospital on Monday. There would be no ambulance ride. I’ll wait and see how I feel tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’m short winded times during the day. But I know exactly what causes it. I thought I had some mysterious illness that was causing me to be fatigued but after getting checked by a doctor including blood tests I realized it was because of too much inactivity.

The doctor found a couple things wrong with me but they weren’t the reason for my fatigue. I can work three days a week even though I’m tired and slow but I know it started in the board & care home when I was staying in my room for 3 or 4 days a week, laying down surfing the internet. I had to share a small room and it was such a relief to have it alone when he left for the night that I often stayed in my room right after supper to when I went to bed. And I kept that habit up. I go out now about 3 or 4 nights a week and I go out usually every day.

But I’m pretty sedentary and it’s the root of my fatigue. When I had to go in person to the college bookstore a couple times more than a year ago a flight of stairs damn near killed me. I got to the top exhausted and had to lean against a wall for ten minutes until I got my wind again.

So if you’re getting tired it might be your age and too much inactivity.
Sugar could be contributing too. Stuff is not good for you. Read up on how bad sugar is to your body.

Yes! It could be partly due to my sedentary lifestyle. I’m very lethargic. I’m going to wait and see how this condition behaves, and if it gets too bad I’ll go in to the hospital.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s smart, you don’t want to take any chances with your health. Better safe than sorry, right?

1 Like

I take niacin to control my triglycerides…

Funny because I wanted a kitty myself instead all the pets I buy end up dead and I think it has something to do with the voices

I might try that. They give me some kind of B vitamin in my med. tray.

If you live anywhere near me I’d be happy to let you have a kitten. I’m sure the voices won’t kill it.

You must seek medical attention immediately. When I took the pill naltrexone 10 years ago I fainted many times so I called an ambulance. And when I arrived at the hospital a doctor took me off it.