I'm trying coconut oil for schizophrenia

Well I saw a couple of videos about how coconut oil is curing/reversing Alzheimer’s disease. So I’m trying it for my schizophrenia to see how it benefits me. I was on ketogenic diet for 1 week, but I stopped after 7 days due to it being to hard to follow, especially on respiridone which makes me crave sugar. So I read that coconut oil creates and releases ketones without having to cut out carbohydrates. It’s been 3 days and I guess I feel a bit better, I want to see how I feel in 2 weeks. So has anyone tried coconut oil for schizophrenia, I can’t find anything on the net about any trials, so I may be one of the first. I will report back and tell u how I feel.

1 Like

I use it like a body lotion, for my skin. :smile: Sometimes I use it to cook. Never heard about its benifits for sz though… How do you use it?

1 Like

My elderly, gullible in-laws bought into this coconut oil fraud. Coconut oil will do absolutely nothing to alleviate your illness. I encourage you to take the risperidone and talk to your psychiatrist about your symptoms and treatment. This will not work, I assure you. You are not the first one to try this “fad” and it will leave you more desperate and symptomatic than you’d be content with. Please don’t buy into this nonsense.

ETA: I should mention that my in-laws saw drastic worsening of their problems and were worse off after than before. Some holy warrior on the teevee said it was a good idea. Some non-professional whacko with an agenda is certainly no substitute for appropriate medical treatment.

6 Likes

Well I just heard a couple of weeks ago about coconut oil for Alzheimer’s and thought it would do no harm, but if u say I should avoid coconut oil then I might. I just basically add it to my coffee, noodles and use it in cooking. It tastes great so I can’t see what’s so bad about it. I’ve also upped my fats like real grass fed butter and more olive oil.

1 Like

I’ve been using it for the last three years. I still use a bit of olive oil and occasionally peanut oil, but I avoid canola and corn oil whenever I can. I do this because of issues with a heart condition and cholesterol. I’ve never noticed it making a difference in my SZ symptoms, ever. Sorry. Same goes for fish oil, megavitamins, etc. The only supplement I’ve tried in the last half decade that has made a noticeable difference is sarcosine.

I’d recommend coconut oil for improving overall health, but it’s not a panacea for SZ as claimed. Sorry. I still take my head meds for that.

Pixel.

5 Likes

I’d like to strongly discourage this idea. Bacon cheeseburgers taste good, but are not good for us.

I take issue with that statement!

Pixel.

1 Like

Okay I will not expect it to do anything. Shame really, I was hoping it may help, oh well, on to the next thing

Why ruin such a wonderful day with such negative sentences?

Because I am a negative Nancy. :grinning: Just trying to save a poor soul from doing something misguided. Everybody, back to the burgers…get set, go!

1 Like

If it’s done with coconut oil I don’t the see the harm…

I will get off this thread now. :smile:

Carbonara here I come.

1 Like

It’s worse than that. It’s outright hate speech!

Grrrrrr.

Pixel.

1 Like

Here’s a YouTube video about coconut oil for Alzheimer’s. Wish some would work for schizophrenia http://youtu.be/ovfGiiYU4qM

I don’t understand…

Oh look, Pat Buchanon, a certified previously mentioned holy warrior with zero medical training.

Nobody takes my burger with bacon away from me.

Nobody.

Pixel.

I will make carbonara for dinner. With olive oil.

2 Likes

This kind of misinformation is deadly and dangerous. This type of horseshit makes me so damn mad.

“I don’t understand” was intended for @Minnii. I am fully aware of your territorial stake to bacon cheeseburgers. :smile:

I use it everyday on my face. Love the stuff but I doubt it can replace meds

1 Like