I'm tortured by the fact that I hate children

What can I do about it? Is there anything I can do about it?

Yeah, start liking them.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You don’t understand it’s hatred. I don’t even want to be near any of those cheerful little voices, why would I want to work with them? That would be pouring salt into my wound.

How does one control and turn around strong feelings?

1 Like

I’ve been around children and, yes, I control myself. But I am not just dreaming that I hate them. It is real.

I wasn’t crazy about most women for years. Well, actually I liked them a lot but I thought that most of them didn’t like me. But I was wrong. It was all in my head. Now I get along with them fine.

I understand that they aren’t all madly in love with me and they don’t like everything about me, but they gave me a fair chance to get to know them and once they discovered that all I want to do is get along with them and talk to them and get to know them and once I let them get to know me a little, now they understand me a little and the wall that was between me and them for many years crumbled and fell.

This was a huge deal for me. It probably also helped that I got better looking as I’ve gotten older.

Maybe make friends with a few children and try to get to know them. Children are innocent, they have no ulterior motives. Once you let down your defenses a little bit and see how nice they can be and once you see that they will give you a fair chance and if you let them like you, this may open up a whole new world for you. Does this help?

1 Like

Kids can be harsh. My little brothers get bullied all the time and some of it is racism for being black/different. I don’t mean to throw fuel on the flame but kids can really suck.

No, it does not help. Children are needy and can’t be compared with adults as far as getting along with them goes.

1 Like

Failing that, avoid them. Children don’t need hate and spite in their lives.

2 Likes

So you’re not even going to try?

I don’t know how to try. The feelings of hatred are evident. Do you know how to try to pretend they don’t exist? One would have to know strong emotion to understand.

Well obviously the fact that you don’t like children is hurting you, so that must mean a part of you must still want to get to like them. Just be friendly to them. You’re the adult. If they get out of line than tell them so. Set boundaries.

As a parent, actually suggesting you just keep your distance from them Chordy. You are not someone I would be comfortable with having around my daughter.

2 Likes

I dislike most children…but i still play with them and I would never treat one any different…they deserve to be happy and free…life is hard enough they don’t need spite…

1 Like

some children are bad and do bad things to people because they dont know any better… so its understandable…

My assistant soccer coach in high school said I wasn’t allowed around his children, but that’s because I pointed out to him the obvious fact that he was a religious freak, a 12 year old in a 38 year old man’s body, and a whiny follower. Since then I’ve softened my stance on most people, and don’t call them these types of things. But the funny thing is, children love me, and I love them.

I’m just a big kid at heart…

And I believe anybody who truly hates children, really only loathes themself on some level. For you yourself was once a child.

I love children. They run on pure, unfiltered energy…free from drugs, alcohol, tobacco,…etc. They know not of racial hatred.

Children are fearless, creative and beautiful. :sunny:

2 Likes