Schizophrenia.com

I'm too much of a hot head

More snow !! This is testing my patience.

2 Likes

The fog here is becoming my down fall. :cloud:

0 Likes

We’re expecting more freezing rain tonight. It’s extremely dangerous for me and my dog, because I live on the second floor and my outside stairs freeze over. A few days ago, we were stranded inside until the management sanded the stairs for me. It’s definitely getting to me too.

I hope you stay warm and safe!

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

Next time you get out you might to want to get a bag of rock salt and just sprinkle it down the stairs before the freezing starts or about an hour before you want to leave the apartment.

Up here it’s like $5.00 for a 10 lb bag.

0 Likes

That’s a great idea! I remember when I lived in the mountains in Tennessee, the city would salt the roads when there was ice.

I’ve lived in Texas for so long that I’m not used to dealing with ice lol.

Blessings,

Anthony

0 Likes

I used to live in a second floor apartment where the only way up was a metal set of stairs similar to a fire escape. Often they would be covered with a layer of ice making it impossible to use them. Scary stuff trying to get down them in winter.

0 Likes

Yes, very scary! I’m hoping for an end to this freezing rain junk. My dog is too, I’m sure, after sliding down a few steps lol.

Blessings,

Anthony

0 Likes

It’s just cold where I live. As a smoker it really sucks…numb hands for some nicotine…

0 Likes

I always take a walk around the yard when I smoke outside. That gets the circulation moving and increases body temperature. It makes smoking outside suck a little less.

When it’s really cold, I’ll smoke in my room. I have 2 HEPA air purifiers that filter out a lot of the smoke. They also ionize the air and make it smell clean.

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

I always smoke outside. I just can’t smoke in the house. Fire safety. The house fire I lived through and the stupid event two years ago and I don’t think I can ever smoke inside again. I have a little square on my patio near the sand pit, away from plants, grass and other fire hazards.

0 Likes

That’s very conscientious of you! I understand your aversion to smoking inside. I could probably learn a thing or two about fire safety. My sleep smoking is definitely a fire hazard! I wish I could stop it somehow.

Blessings,

Anthony

0 Likes

Could you put your smokes away in a drawer? or would you still take them out in your sleep?

0 Likes

I’ve tried putting them in drawers, under the mattress, in boxes in the closet. Somehow, I always get them. I’ll wake up and I’m half way through a cigarette.

I’m thinking of buying a lock box, and locking them up at night. Hopefully, the extra effort of having to unlock them will wake me up and will prevent me from getting them.

Blessings,

Anthony

2 Likes

It’s amazing what I can do when I’m asleep, but I still can’t do locks.

2 Likes