I'm tilted

Had a meeting today about an apartment I wanted to rent.
We both ordered lots of coffee while going through the contract.
The coffee made me panic and respond with weird responses, I am afraid I’ve ■■■■■■ it up.
Also, I’ve got rejected by a cool girl on a dating site…
I feel terrible and anxious,
Do you have any suggestions on how to cope with all these feelings?! :confounded:

3 Likes

Lay off the caffeine?

3 Likes

I tend to avoid caffeine, but you know how it is with business meetings, you have to create as much rapport as you can to improve your chances at landing a good deal.
Couldn’t refuse.
What do I do now ? :expressionless:

Breath in the positive and breath out the negative and let it turn to dust. Deep breaths. It depends on you what would help. How about a nap or a walk. Sorry I couldn’t help more. Good luck and hang in there. Maybe the interview didn’t go as bad as you think.

2 Likes

Try to count your breaths 5 seconds in through the nose 10 seconds out through the mouth. Try to stretch your arms a little it can help relieve tension in your neck and make you feel more relaxed. Also if you can (and it’s not too anxiety/paranoia inducing) try to take a short walk and try to focus on stuff you think looks nice or try counting a certain item (mailboxes, birds etc.). If you can’t go outside you might want to try drawing or listening to music I find it helps me focus on something other than my problems for a while. And my last advice is try to take a nap cause if you can lay down and rest for a while it can help.

These are just things I do when I’m anxious I hope you feel better! Also drink some water it helps with the bad feelings.

5 Likes

When I overdo it with caffeine, it helps me to remember my grounding techniques. Some things I do to calm down are:

Put an ice pack on the back of your head. This will cool down your brain and reduce activity in your limbic system, where emotions happen.

Do a task with simple, clear steps. I like baking. I follow the recipe, and it’s easy enough that I don’t get frustrated, but it requires enough concentration that I don’t have room to think about other things. Cleaning also helps.

Engage your five senses. This will remind you what is real and what isn’t. Listen to soothing music. Smell something pleasant, like an essential oil. Suck on a hard candy. Look at pictures of things you enjoy. Feel something with an interesting texture, like a piece of Velcro or a stress ball.

5 Likes

Gonna try out some stuff you suggested guys.

1 Like

Drink water to rehydrate from the caffeine.

1 Like

Just keep things in perspective. There will be other apts and other dates. Things don’t always go our way. Next time order an herbal tea. Live and learn.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.