I'm thinking of moving out of London after all

Even if it means losing my freedom pass to travel for free around London, houses outside of London are much cheaper. And I am looking into an area that will allow me to travel easily into work. Nice houses there are going for around £500,000

9 Likes

Welcome to the club of economic refugees!

3 Likes

I guess even though I lose the pass, I will end up paying for the travel, but since the houses are so much cheaper, it will be made up.

3 Likes

Probably a good decision @ish

It really sucks that Rich people are hoarding houses as investment. Housing is a crisis - especially in big cities. So sad to see amazing cities be abandoned by young, old, middle, artistic, working people who make cities great.

Big cities in the US have no life and soul left.

1 Like

My mum is selling one of hers now, its getting too expensive here. And she doesn’t need extra stress. She will use the money to help me towards a deposit.

5 Likes

Good luck @ish . :slight_smile: I hope you find something worthy of the move. My husband and I want to move out of our unsafe neighborhood, but we don’t have the money to do it

1 Like

Good luck :slightly_smiling_face: 1515

My town is on the Edinburgh to London train line, (LNER) which makes house here slightly move expensive then neighbouring areas but its still damn cheaper then buying in London. The commute from here to London is 1.20 minutes by train and a detached house is around £300,000. I do like this area though as its low crime rate, mainly rural crime and farms, peoples stealing farming equipment. its a pleasant place to live.

3 Likes

Edinburgh is beautiful.

3 Likes

I love Edinburgh. I would rather go to the theatre there than London.

2 Likes

Yea that makes sense. It’s definitely nice having a freedom pass but when you consider it all, I guess it’s not the most influencial factor. London is extremely expensive. Half of my family live in rural parts of the UK.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.