I'm struggling

I’m stuck in a depression, have been for most of the past 6 years. I know what I need to do it’s just doing it.

3 Likes

Talked to your pdoc about it? Tried psychotherapy? Anti depressants?
I’m sorry you’re struggling.

2 Likes

Anti-depressants I haven’t because of PSSD and alot of people saying there a placebo. Psychotherapy no.

They’re not placebos, I assure you. Psychotherapy works. I read an article today on the use of psychotherapy in depression and they have great results. Try it before you give up. Everyone that gives up regrets it.

Are you on antidepressants ???

My mom is and I’m going to talk to my pdoc about that also. I’ve been depressed also.

Anti-depressants definitely aren’t placebos, they made me higher than crack for some reason when I expected them to do nothing at all

Are you still on them ???

No, for me they seem to make me manic which never ends well. Last time ended up with me taking drugs and ODing and nearly being dead.

But I would think it’s really unlikely it would do that to you, I think it’s worth giving a shot

I take an antidepressant. It does help. Been on the same one at the same dosage for over a year now.

I’m on an anti-depressant, Lexapro. It’s not a placebo. Same as APs, you have to shop around a bit to find the right one. Prozac and Paxil were awful for me, Elavil worked well.

Lexapro does, too, though it isn’t a cure all. Getting into healthy habits is something I have to do on my own. Lexapro just makes it possible for me to do that work.

1 Like

I’ve been a depressive for decades. I’ve been in therapy for the past 2 months and along with a new AP, I feel like a new person.
Wish I would’ve started long ago.

1 Like

I’m on abilify and at 5mg it’s can be used as an add on to an antidepressant, so I guess at 10mg I’m getting an AP and an antidepressant in one. Maybe. Who knows.

Here’s something @Minnii posted a while ago.

Yeah, I can’t stop obsessing about death which gets me no where.

I got depression from constantly drinking too much water, it made my sodium level drop too much which can cause depression. (Confirmed by sodium blood test.) My AP was causing dryness in my body which caused me to crave water. The solution was to take loads of Dioralyte salt sachets.

1 Like

we all are struggling.don’t give up…wit love…take care… :pray:

get a different therapist!!! you need to learn how to formulate positive logic, to see upsides to things.

I’m sorry that you’re suffering through this. I wallowed in a depressed rut for years myself. I didn’t do anything to help myself. Therapy isn’t a bad idea. I do take something natural to prevent depression, I do find that it helps me. Antidepressants do help many people. Another thing that some people use, especially this time of year if you’re in the Northern Hemisphere, is a Happy Light. Some people report that it helps them.