Schizophrenia.com

I'm starting to wonder if I may have gotten Covid

I have had both Pfizer shots but I have what I thought was cold for 2 days now.
I have a cough like nothing I have ever experienced before. The coughing is bad enough sitting up but if I lie down I start to cough so bad that eventually I even start to vomit. I also have some congestion.
I have not taken my temperature yet but plan to once morning comes and people in the house are awake.

IDK, I should probably get tested. Dammit, the shots were supposed to make it so I did not have to worry about this.

5 Likes

Oh dear, @Bowens

Do you still have your sense of smell?

Do you have difficulties with breathing?

Let us know what your temp is once you take it, and hope you feel better soon :sunny:

5 Likes

Thanks @Schztuna . I tried spraying some cologne on my hand to test my sense of smell and it seems very faint, so I’m not sure. Yes, I am having some problems with breathing when I lie down.

3 Likes

Damn, I’m so sorry. Do you have a doctor or nurse you can call today?

Make sure to rest and drink lots of fluids.

5 Likes

Do you have a Rite Aid pharmacy? That’s where I got my testing, in the drive thru. It was quick and easy. You schedule it online. You should do it to be safe.

2 Likes

Okay hmmmm… Could be the congestion, not necessarily complete loss of smell.

I second what Monte suggested: rest up and remember your fluids :+1:

4 Likes

No, I am not aware of a Rite Aid pharmacy in my area.

1 Like

Maybe I’m just being paranoid.

I just have never had a cough like this before. And I have had colds many times.

2 Likes

Call public health, they will tell you where to go to get tested, or call the hospital nursing station.

2 Likes

You should definitely get tested.

2 Likes

I found testing near me at Walgreens. Now I just have to schedule.

3 Likes

The shots reduce the likelihood of infection, 100% efficacy was never promised. Also, Pfizer is less effective against Delta than the original strain. You’ll want to get tested ASAP. The good news is that – if it is COVID – you likely won’t get sick enough to need hospitalization. It will just be like a horrible flu for a bit.

5 Likes

Something is wrong with our digital thermometer. It gave me a reading 39.4 F. So I guess I can’t check my temp.

3 Likes

I hate digital thermometers, they never work. Just give me an old fashioned thermometer, ya know?

3 Likes

If it is giving you a read in celsius on accident, that is 102 which is a fever.

6 Likes

Did you schedule a test?

2 Likes

Yeah, I dunno it had a little digital “F” in the corner so I assume it was Fahrenheit but it could be malfunctioning. IDK.

2 Likes

Yes, 9:30 tomorrow morning.

5 Likes

Good, good. Now all you have to do is try and rest today, and drink plenty of clear fluids to stay hydrated and help lubricate that cough.

5 Likes

It could be covid. When I thought I had it last year I experienced strange symptoms in my lungs and breathing tube that I have never felt before.

But then again when people contract something nowadays whatever it is the possibility of covid lingers in their minds becuase that’s what’s current.

I actually suspect I might have it myself right now even though I don’t have any airway symptoms. Just have aching in my internal organs, but not in the lungs. I guess it could be anything.

2 Likes