I'm starting to wonder if I may have gotten Covid

I have had both Pfizer shots but I have what I thought was cold for 2 days now.
I have a cough like nothing I have ever experienced before. The coughing is bad enough sitting up but if I lie down I start to cough so bad that eventually I even start to vomit. I also have some congestion.
I have not taken my temperature yet but plan to once morning comes and people in the house are awake.

IDK, I should probably get tested. Dammit, the shots were supposed to make it so I did not have to worry about this.

5 Likes

Oh dear, @Bowens…

Do you still have your sense of smell?

Do you have difficulties with breathing?

Let us know what your temp is once you take it, and hope you feel better soon :sunny:

5 Likes

Thanks @Schztuna . I tried spraying some cologne on my hand to test my sense of smell and it seems very faint, so I’m not sure. Yes, I am having some problems with breathing when I lie down.

3 Likes

Damn, I’m so sorry. Do you have a doctor or nurse you can call today?

Make sure to rest and drink lots of fluids.

5 Likes

Do you have a Rite Aid pharmacy? That’s where I got my testing, in the drive thru. It was quick and easy. You schedule it online. You should do it to be safe.

2 Likes

Okay hmmmm… Could be the congestion, not necessarily complete loss of smell.

I second what Monte suggested: rest up and remember your fluids :+1:

4 Likes

No, I am not aware of a Rite Aid pharmacy in my area.

1 Like

Maybe I’m just being paranoid.

I just have never had a cough like this before. And I have had colds many times.

2 Likes

Call public health, they will tell you where to go to get tested, or call the hospital nursing station.

2 Likes

You should definitely get tested.

2 Likes

I found testing near me at Walgreens. Now I just have to schedule.

3 Likes

The shots reduce the likelihood of infection, 100% efficacy was never promised. Also, Pfizer is less effective against Delta than the original strain. You’ll want to get tested ASAP. The good news is that – if it is COVID – you likely won’t get sick enough to need hospitalization. It will just be like a horrible flu for a bit.

5 Likes

Something is wrong with our digital thermometer. It gave me a reading 39.4 F. So I guess I can’t check my temp.

3 Likes

I hate digital thermometers, they never work. Just give me an old fashioned thermometer, ya know?

3 Likes

If it is giving you a read in celsius on accident, that is 102 which is a fever.

6 Likes

Did you schedule a test?

2 Likes

Yeah, I dunno it had a little digital “F” in the corner so I assume it was Fahrenheit but it could be malfunctioning. IDK.

2 Likes

Yes, 9:30 tomorrow morning.

5 Likes

Good, good. Now all you have to do is try and rest today, and drink plenty of clear fluids to stay hydrated and help lubricate that cough.

5 Likes

It could be covid. When I thought I had it last year I experienced strange symptoms in my lungs and breathing tube that I have never felt before.

But then again when people contract something nowadays whatever it is the possibility of covid lingers in their minds becuase that’s what’s current.

I actually suspect I might have it myself right now even though I don’t have any airway symptoms. Just have aching in my internal organs, but not in the lungs. I guess it could be anything.

2 Likes