I'm so obese it's scary

I under stand where you are coming from, I weigh 270 lbs I thought I was doing everything right but I still manage to pack on the pounds. It sucks but keep going and don’t quit you will lose weight if you are eating at a caloric deficit. I know with meds its harder especially Zyprexa, etc.

1 Like

The only thing that isn’t simple is actually following through with it. You said exactly what I said. Put yourself in a calorie deficit (maybe I didn’t specify that clearly,) and exercise on top of it and you will lose weight. You should be eating less calories than what is normal for your age and height. I’m 5’9 and 180 lbs and I’m eating 1500 calories a day. Normal for my weight and height is 2000. Plenty of websites will calculate this for you (or the MyFitnessPal app I mentioned)

1 Like

Uhm, I’ve seen your pictures, you’re NOT overweight.

I don’t know what kind of BMI system you’re using, but BMI systems aren’t perfect, and they should be used as general guidelines, not followed to the letter.

You look fine. If you lost more weight you’d be too thin. Do you really want to look unhealthily malnourished?

1 Like

Yeah I saw I kinda said the same thing. But what I wanted to mention is the med factor. It throws a loop to normal human biology. What med are you on?

I had a very fast metabolism my entire life and was always thin until I took anti-psychotics. Yes they can completely wreck your metabolism (any Psych will tell you this,) and raise your cholesterol. I’m on cholesterol meds as well simply because if them. I take Seroquel, which is known for weight gain, like most of them. But again, regardless of the meds, putting yourself in a calorie deficit and exercising will cause you to lose weight. Maybe you won’t lose it as fast, but you will lose weight. Don’t trust me just talk to your Dr. about it.

2 Likes

My psch told me I’m fat because I eat too much red meat. And seroquil is probably one of the best for weight gain. And I’ve been on pretty much every med

Please tell me that if you’re trying to lose weight, you’re doing it in healthy ways. I am worried about you. From your profile picture you seem to be at a healthy weight. I don’t think you need to lose any weight but if you do you should do it by eating better and exercising a HEALTHY amount.

140 is way too skinny for 5’11. I am 6’1 and used to be 170 and now I am 225. I am officially overweight but carry it well. I have a little belly but don’t look fat.

I think you are at a healthy weight but that’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

I’m struggling but no one wants to see my logs it’s kind of sad, lol

1 Like

Try intermittent water fasting e.x. every other day don’t eat anything and just drink water

1 Like

I’m gonna try the jailbird diet. Balanced meals spread three a day, one at 6 am 12 pm 6 pm. Water fasting between each meal I guess to keep my appetite under control. I just need to craft a menu of meals or whatever. Life is such a chore lol.

I don’t know what logs are. Like logging what you consume? I’m sorry but I don’t think that’s a good idea right now. I think your best bet is to choose healthy options, not count calories or anything like that. I know that can become obsessive quickly. I’m sorry you are struggling. I want you to be healthy but I know it’s not that simple.

1 Like

I keep track of all my meals, and I’ve started walking. The pounds are piling on faster than ever. I’ve recently started two new meds known for causing weight gain and sleepiness, though. So now I’m tired and getting fatter. Sucks. I don’t want to be big again. I looked great at 157 lbs.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.